Author Topic: 'Smooth Grey' Skin  (Read 49753 times)

Rotem K.

------------------Smooth Grey------------------

Skin File : http://www.mediafire.com/?9p1atkdd3ttij77
version 1.3.4324 or higher is required: Downloads Post

Those who use this skin as their default one, I recommend hitting the Notify button to get updates whenever they are available.

Rotem
Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 09:11:41 PM by Rotem K.

Steven

• Administrator
i have to say i think that is really great

thegreyspot

Elberet

MediaFire complains that the file is invalid or deleted. :(

Steven

• Administrator
could you try this link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nomdy2dmrhm/The Grey Skin.xml

i think Rotem is making some more tweaks, but at least this will show you what it looks like

Elberet

That worked.

Some feedback:

* There is sort of a gap in the menus, where the gray area on the left doesn't reach all the way up. Not sure if that's intended or even fixable, but it struck me as odd.

* The scrollbars are nice, but the arrows' high contrast makes them stand out too much. Smaller arrows and a lighter shade maybe?

* The collapse/open indicators (i.e. > and v arrows) in the tree view look odd, too. The three main categories (Library, Playists, Computer) have nice, unobtrusive arrows, the items directly under Computer have a huge, bulky solid black arrow, and the folders under the drives use little plus/minus buttons.

* The active tab gets a dark gray, while inactive tabs get a light blue. With two tabs, one tab gets a signal-color, the other bold text... kinda confusing. (Also, there's something odd about the tab corners. Might be a general issue tho and not related to the skin?)

* The right part of the player trackbar uses an orangish color that appears nowhere else. Looks nice, but a bit out of place...

Still, great work. The composition with light gray backgrounds and dark gray accents creates a very tidy and intuitive interface and gives off a polished impression. :)

Rotem K.

- The gap: I really don't know how to get this one fixed. haven't seen a skin out there without that gap so I it's not skin related.
- indicators: got 'computer' closed up so didn't saw this one. I'll see if I can get to those indicators.
- tabs: well, I like it. and about the corners, I have no idea. Steven?
- orangish color: what can I say, putting white or grey there is more 'skin consistent' but the orange is given it a diffrent feel which I really like.

AFTER CHECKING,
the indicators comes in the same color as the text next to them, and since here it's black... Steven any way around this?

tomorrow, I'll upload a new file that fixes problems that surfaced.  if someone find any more inconsistencies let my now, cause most of the time I just don't find them myself.

edit: http://www.mediafire.com/file/hqnyyjjxlny/Smooth%20Grey.xml
decided to have some fixes uploaded tonight, deal with the rest tomorrow, and upload again.
Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 07:39:36 PM by RotemK

Steven

• Administrator
re: the tab corners, i'll do something to remedy that
i'm like elberet though about the tabs, while it looks good i do find its not instantly clear which one is the selected tab. I think its because the light blue colour is used as the highlight colour for the selected row in the main panel, whereas for tabs it means the inactive tab
for the computer drives expand/collapse its set to the text colour so i'll add an element for it to be overriden

V4lve

Carefull with the tab corners  ;)   Dark skin uses the gap  to make the corners looked rounded.

Rotem K.

Ok,
- had some issue with mini-player colors so thats fixed now.
- colors are now consistent with the rest of the skin when switching to rightside TOP player mode.
- picked a lighter color for the border on the tabs. making the missing corner issue less visable.
- the download indicator background is now fixed.

More updates on the way.

[Hour Later] Didn't want to waste another post:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yaymj0tgylr/Smooth%20Grey.xml

-- small fixes in 'Edit' (Shift+Enter) screen.
Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 04:16:32 PM by Rotem K.

Elberet

Quote from: Rotem K.
- orangish color: what can I say, putting white or grey there is more 'skin consistent' but the orange is given it a diffrent feel which I really like.
I definitely agree that it's nice! Maybe you could pick that color up somewhere else? Use it to put slight accents on other interesting elements?

AFTER CHECKING,
the indicators comes in the same color as the text next to them, and since here it's black...
It's not so much the color rather then the arrows' size.
Could it be that the little arrow besides 'Computer' is actually rendered as text? It looks as if it has ClearType anti-aliasing.

Rotem K.

AFTER CHECKING,
the indicators comes in the same color as the text next to them, and since here it's black...
It's not so much the color rather then the arrows' size.
Could it be that the little arrow besides 'Computer' is actually rendered as text? It looks as if it has ClearType anti-aliasing.
only Steven know this one. and that little arrow size isn't controled by skins, I think...

about the color, I'll see what i can do

Elberet

Ah, I thought it was an image defined in the style. :)

Steven

• Administrator
the arrow in the Computer head is done using text.
Rotem, what i'll do it make it a bitmap you can override in the skin - one for the header and one for the nodes