Author Topic: Small parts of music is repeating  (Read 1644 times)

DeMeul

I am experiencing something similar to Stretch622's topic; from time to time on a track a short part of the music (< 1 sec) is replayed, from 1 to 10 times. It sometimes happens a couple of times on the same track, but when replaying the track everything sounds alright. In my case the time counters do not change.
Just like Stretch622’s initial message, this phenomenon happens on different tracks and on different places; on my desktop as well as on my laptop. My desktop runs with version 2.3.5188, I have updated my laptop from that same version up to version 2.4.5132 in steps, testing after each update.
I have checked the files using Mp3Val and Mp3Diags as mentioned by Pingaware, but no errors found.
My music library is located on a NAS; this is my primary (and only) source. I have a backup (of the music folder) of the NAS on an external HD. I use this backup as the source of a second library to be used on the laptop when I have no connection to my NAS. When using this library the problem mentioned above does not happen (yet?).
So i.m.h.o. this looks like it has something to do with the network latency. I have already ticked the extra buffer option, without any better result.
Please advice.

Ton