Author Topic: "Copy Failed" notice  (Read 24760 times)

SDG

Yes, all work ok if i change rating in MB Library (ratings saved in tags) then delete file from player via windows explorer and hit Synchronize button - changed file encoded and successfully copied to player. If changed file exist in player - exception occurs.

SDG

And about first test with 2 playlists i found second condition that must be met for exception to occur:
1) AAC encoding used for on-the-fly transcoding during sync
2) I don't disconnect device between syncs.

That is in Auto-Sync Settings 1st playlist checked, Syncronize button clicked, 2nd playlist checked, Syncronize button clicked -> exceptions during updating songs from 1st playlist.

If i check 1st playlist, click Synchronize button, disconnect device, connect device, check 2nd playlist, click Synchronize button - all work ok. But if i don't disconnect device, check 3rd playlist and click Synchronize button - i get exception only for songs in 2nd playlist.

With MP3 and WMA encoders all working ok.
Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 09:57:18 PM by SDG

Steven

• Administrator
i've changed it so an existing file is deleted first before copying so hopefully that should stop some of the problem.
I havent had time to look at your latest post though
http://www.mediafire.com/?w6w5lao569zdlj5

just unzip and copy/overwrite the existing files

SDG

Working ok now. Changed files reencoded and copied successfully.
Issue with AAC not a big problem in my case, because reencoding of unchanged files occurs only if i sync multiple times without disconnecting device. Just trying to help trace source of problem. With this fix AAC files sync successfully, it's just takes more time with reencoding. Let me know if i can help with further testing.
And thank you for this fix and for your efforts in development this wonderful program!

P.S. Sorry for my English - I know it's bad  ;D
Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 07:23:54 AM by SDG