Author Topic: How to install the Auto-Tagger plugin of Winamp in Musicbee?  (Read 6556 times)

drsamratroy

Guys can someone tell me the procedure to install the Auto-Tagger plugin of Winamp in Musicbee? It works flawless in winamp & i had recently started using MusicBee & i am hooked. Just i miss this little function. I searched but to no avail.  :-\

pietergdp

MusicBee has its own brilliant Auto-Tagger built-in. What is it that the Winamp tagger can do that MB's can't? Maybe you don't have to install anything extra.

drsamratroy

But i coudnt find the option in preferences. All i could find related to manual tagging. Can anyone point me out how to enable it. I used to have the option on right click in Winamp where it would search & update the files using the Gracenote database.

Pingaware

Right click on the file you want to Auto-Tag. Go to Auto-Tag by Track>Identify Track and Update Tags. MB uses GraceNote as well, so there shouldn't be any difference.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

pietergdp

Or you can select an album, right click and select Auto-Tag by Album. That searches for the album and tags all of the songs in the album at once.
The auto-tag is enabled by default, but you can add/removes sites and change tag settings in Preferences>Tags (2).

Steven

• Administrator
The auto-tag is enabled by default, but you can add/removes sites and change tag settings in Preferences>Tags (2).
just to make clear for the benefit of new users, there is no auto-tag functionality enabled by default ie. you invoke the auto-tagging functionality yourself as described above. The preferences pietergdp refers to are the tag providers that are enabled by default.