Author Topic: Disable automatic playlist refresh  (Read 3296 times)

carderne

Hi Steven/all,

I raised this question once about a year ago, but since quite a lot has changed since then I just wanted to look into it again (now using version 2.4.5332).

I have an auto-playlist that is based on the LastPlayed date of my tracks. I use it in in artwork view with your new "expanded view".  So I load the playlist, click an album cover and click the first song underneath to start playing. But then 3 seconds before the end of the song, the playlist refreshes and I lose the view of my album.

I know this is how you intend it to be, and I can still go to Now Playing or whatever, but I really like your new view and hate to see my chosen album disappear after playing one song!

Is there any config file I could edit, or option you could add, to completely disable automatic refreshing of playlists while they're being viewed? I don't expect you to go changing your program for one user's preference, but I don't really understand why anyone would want their playlist to refresh while they're looking at it anyway? I'm probably missing something...

Anyways, thanks for your time and your wonderful program!

Chris

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I don't know if this would work, but have you tried setting your playlist to select by album instead of by track?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

carderne