Author Topic: Podcasts Which Require A Paid Subscription 401 Unauthorized  (Read 5120 times)

BruiserBrodie

Does anyone else have any issues getting MusicBee to work with paid subscriptions? I type in the podcast url as follows

http://username:password@websiteurlhere

And then I try to download and it gives me 401 unauthorized. I tried it with iTunes, it works. I tried it with MediaMonkey, it also works there. But MusicBee? Same 401 error always.

All the free ones like Nerdist, PodcastOne, and others all work. They create the folders and everything. But this paid one won't create a folder and won't let me download.

Steven

• Administrator
i have added a username/ password setting to the podcast subscription dialog and when set will now allow access to this type of podcast:

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_4/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

BruiserBrodie

This works wonderfully, now. Thanks for doing this.
Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 01:10:22 AM by BruiserBrodie

y2kse

I've had the same issue with a podcast that requires authentication.  I'm still getting the 401 message with the latest 2.4 patch.  If it makes any difference, my username for this podcast is an email address.  I've tried with an @ and a %40.

Steven

• Administrator
i can only help with this if i can access the subscription myself. The last person was able to arrange for the administrator of the subscription to give me a temporary username/password

y2kse

Fonce Falooda

Steven!  I can't set up a subscription to a podcast I'm paying for, either, and I don't have any weird characters in my User Name.

Installed the patch up there, right-clicked "Podcasts"/"New Subscription", pasted in the url and tried to use the "user name" and "password" boxes at the bottom of the "Create Subscription" box, but it doesn't even wait for me to fill them in.

The second I click anywhere else out of the box for the URL, the red exclamation mark pops up, and if I hover over it, it tells me that it was "unable to verify the validity of this url - the remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized."  Then I fill in the user info boxes and nothing happens.

I even tried the "http://(UserName):(password)@(the rss feed site)" technique, but that didn't work either!  Any ideas?  Thanks, and let me know if you need a temporary account to figure this out and I'll try to get one for you.  :)

Steven

• Administrator
yes i would need a temporary account to figure out why it doesnt work

Steven

• Administrator
@Fonce Falooda, thanks for getting the account set up. I have it working now for that web-site and hopefully its the same issue as other users have reported. I will provide an updated exe later today

Fonce Falooda

Works perfectly!  Thank you so much!

Paying for a podcast feels like the first time I bought a bottle of water, but if the water's funny enough... ;)

Thanks again.  Love the Bee.  :)