Author Topic: Restore Original Volume  (Read 5576 times)

scratch893

Is there a way to select all the boxes in the Restore Original Volume tool all at once?  If there is a way I can't seem to find it.

redwing

@Steven:

- Looks like tracks having track gain only get ticked and any tracks with album gain are unticked. Why?
- The message at the bottom of the dialog is misleading as the command won't do any volume analysis.

Pingaware

- Looks like tracks having track gain only get ticked and any tracks with album gain are unticked. Why?

That's a recent change that I'd just found as well. It never used to be like that, so I'd guess it's an oversight somewhere.

And as Scratch said, a tickbox for the column, like in the Volume Analysis dialogue, would be very nice (and I kinda thought that used to exist as well, though may well be imagining it).
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

redwing

Probably there's no need for tickbox at all as the dialog could list selected tracks only.

Pingaware

Probably there's no need for tickbox at all as the dialog could list selected tracks only.

Actually yeah. If it automagically selects them, there is no need for the tick box. Wasn't thinking that through properly.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Steven

• Administrator
- The message at the bottom of the dialog is misleading as the command won't do any volume analysis.
the first point is a bug which is corrected for the next update. I agree the 2nd point is slightly misleading but i will leave it as-is for this release mainly because of a new translation required

I wasnt completely clear though - is anyone saying its not correct default ticks for normal volume analysis?

redwing

I wasnt completely clear though - is anyone saying its not correct default ticks for normal volume analysis?

This command has nothing to do with volume analysis as it simply removes any ReplayGain tags from selected tracks. Not sure about even why it's using the same dialog as volume analysis. The message and the dialog could mislead the user to think it will do another volume analysis to restore original volume.
Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 06:54:27 PM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator