Author Topic: Audio quality isn't that good  (Read 38163 times)

ma_t14

digital_ac3

Are you guys using the pre-made presets or you own ones? I tried foobar2000 and and the audio quality was the same as Winamp. Am I doing something wrong with MusicBee?

Pingaware

Are you guys using the pre-made presets or you own ones? I tried foobar2000 and and the audio quality was the same as Winamp. Am I doing something wrong with MusicBee?

It sounds like it. Can you give an exact list of all the settings under Player>Audio Player, Player>Sound Effects, the equaliser and DSP in MB, and then all the same respective settings in Winamp? Also any audio-enhancement software on your PC. We'll see if we can find what's different.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

butty

Hi digital_ac3,
It would be helpful that if you capture (record) the outputs from MusicBee and Winamp using an audio cable connecting your PC audio output to input, upload the files to somewhere, and ask forum members to listen to them.

Steven

• Administrator
there is one further possibility with the volume, check the settings tab in the tag editor to see if the files have any relative volume adjustment. As far as i am aware, only iTunes and MusicBee respect this RVAD tag and other players ignore it.

digital_ac3

It sounds like it. Can you give an exact list of all the settings under Player>Audio Player, Player>Sound Effects, the equaliser and DSP in MB, and then all the same respective settings in Winamp? Also any audio-enhancement software on your PC. We'll see if we can find what's different.
MusicBee Settings

Foobar2000

Winamp

It sounds like I have increased the preamp alot. But I didn't. When there is more treble or bass in the song it gets more unclear. Like every sound clashing in together.

digital_ac3

Hi digital_ac3,
It would be helpful that if you capture (record) the outputs from MusicBee and Winamp using an audio cable connecting your PC audio output to input, upload the files to somewhere, and ask forum members to listen to them.
I have a laptop so there is only audio output and mic in. Can't I do that using some other software?

digital_ac3

there is one further possibility with the volume, check the settings tab in the tag editor to see if the files have any relative volume adjustment. As far as i am aware, only iTunes and MusicBee respect this RVAD tag and other players ignore it.
I have turned off replaygain on every player I use :S

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
RVAD is not replay gain.  Like Steven said, it is found in the settings tab of the tag editor.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

digital_ac3

Nope. None. I was testing with various songs. Ink by Coldplay showed so many problems. I tried it on WMP also. I only get that in MusicBee. The bass, trebles are not clear.  :-\ I don't wanna use another music player  :'(

ma_t14

I'm running out of ideas, does using wasapi or asio in player preferences make any difference?
Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 02:39:02 PM by ma_t14

Pingaware

I've had a play around with my settings, changing them to yours and back again, and I can't produce the problems you describe at all. Have you tried cycling through the different output and sound device settings?
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

digital_ac3

So does that means there is nothing wrong with MB. It's just my ears want to hear something different  ???

redwing

So does that means there is nothing wrong with MB.

Probably.

It's just my ears want to hear something different  ???

Not necessarily. If the differences are that noticeable to you, then that could be something real. But what people here have been saying to you is that it's not because MB is designed in any way to produce poorer sound than other players. So probably the differences are coming from some elusive setting, hidden tags, or whatever kind of hardware/software conflict with your system. It could take a while but I'm sure you will eventually figure it out yourself before long. Then let us know what caused the issue.

Lord_Deggial

I have this same problem, only in my case it is with iTunes Rock preset, I've been using MB for months now but when I first installed it I tried to recreate iTunes Rock preset, both sounded roughly the same to me except that MB crippled a lot. I had to lower the pre amp, I tried different configurations but I just couldn't get the same audio quality as iTunes Rock preset.