Author Topic: Auto-tag field: Composer  (Read 6559 times)

ma_t14

Would it be possible to include the Field "Composer" to auto-tag as there are people want have this useful information available

chorpo

How about more customized implementation when user can select (in Preferences - Auto-tagging tab) which tags will be retrieved by auto-tagger??

For example - for me there are only album name, artist name, album artist, year, disc number, genre and track name tags important so I have to unselect all other tags in auto-tagger every time I'm using autotagger  :-\

ma_t14

Why? I can't see anything wrong with all tags getting updated. If the tags are correct does it really matter? Any drawbacks  ??? IMO the ability to get as much correct(!) info about tracks is the most important ;)
Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 03:03:00 PM by ma_t14

Antonski

How about more customized implementation when user can select (in Preferences - Auto-tagging tab) which tags will be retrieved by auto-tagger??

Would be nice.
Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 03:31:43 PM by Antonski

Steven

• Administrator
Would it be possible to include the Field "Composer" to auto-tag as there are people want have this useful information available
again its a case i will populate if its available in the data sources i use. I need to recheck if anything has changed but its rarely populated when i looked at this.
Also regarding gracenote, i see they do offer a path for non-commerical developers with some restrictions and things like having end-users registering with gracenote. They do have publisher but not composer (at least from the documentation). I'll check that out as well when i come to look at this

Antonski

Why? I can't see anything wrong with all tags getting updated. If the tags are correct does it really matter? Any drawbacks  ??? IMO the ability to get as much correct(!) info about tracks is the most important ;)

Two reasons I can think of:
1. Uniform tags. I don't want to bloat my files with tags I never use.
2. Some fields may be specially formated, so I would like to avoid the autoupdate for such keys.
Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 10:42:23 PM by Antonski

chorpo

Two reasons I can think of:
1. Uniform tags. I don't want to bloat my files with tags I never use.
2. Some fields may be specially formated, so I would like to avoid the autoupdate for such keys.

100% agree with Antonski

Antonski

For example - for me there are only album name, artist name, album artist, year, disc number, genre and track name tags important so I have to unselect all other tags in auto-tagger every time I'm using autotagger  :-\

Completely agree, plus I would like to have possibility for updating of non-standard tag as well.
For example, I would update the "Credits" and "Country" tags from Discogs, but disable Artwork (I would add it manually).

Steven

• Administrator
Completely agree, plus I would like to have possibility for updating of non-standard tag as well.
For example, I would update the "Credits" and "Country" tags from Discogs, but disable Artwork (I would add it manually).
You can already disable Artwork (and lyrics) but for tags its only on/off - you cant specify which tags to update. Is in the Tag Editor/ Auto-Tag - if you click the drop-down arrow which has a menu to do this. I'll move it to the Preferences screen when I come to do this