Two things about this feature...
First, I don't know how to tag users, but @Steven - is there a way to have the Artwork Downloader reference the MOVIEORALBUM tag to pull soundtrack backdrops? I want to avoid cluttering up "Soundtrack Pictures" with the same picture from the same movie in the case of ALBUMARTIST holding "Various Artists." For example, when I play "The Avengers" film score, the "Artist Picture" panel is filled properly with pictures from the movie, because ALBUM=The Avengers, MOVIEORALBUM=The Avengers, ALBUMARTIST=Alan Silvestri.
However, when I play a soundtrack like "The Fighting Temptations," although MOVIEORALBUM is filled with the proper title and even after I edit the "movie" field for each track in the Artwork Downloader, my Soundtrack Pictures directory loads up the same picture for each track in the album.
- Find SavedSountrackMappings.dat file in AppData folder, and open it with a text editor.
- Search the movie title and you will see it's mapped with an IMDb ID.
- Go to IMDb site and find the right movie's ID (it's in its URL).
- Replace the ID and save it. Then MB will show the right movie's pictures.
- If you can't find the movie title in the file, that means the movie is not mapped. Then you need to map it first using artwork downloader tool.
The text inside my .dat file is gibberish and no IMDb ID is available. Any other suggestions for fixing this, so I don't get backdrops from the "Aladdin" remake when I play music from the original?