Author Topic: How to Display Movie Backdrops for Soundtrack Music  (Read 33741 times)

redwing

Rename the album to "Top Gun", then it would instantly work

Wrong, It does not instantly work. It only works if "Album Artist" tag is Empty or equals the "Artist" tag. And this was my problem

OK, I'll remove the word "instantly", but I'm not gonna repeat the artist tag part in every paragraph as most people won't instantly report it as bug before reading through the guide. You're the first one.

- I have several soundtrack compilation albums. How would they work?
 MB detects such a soundtrack compilation track by checking if its "artist" is different from "album artist" value. Note that, for such a track, MB is first looking for "album--title.jpg" (or .png) files in the user's folder, and if no match then it searches for the usual album name, if no movies are mapped to with each track.

"searches for usual album name" ---> "It'll show the default artist slide show" might be a much better explanation.

Wrong. What's meant is MB is looking for such image files in the folder. Again I'm going to make it clearer.

ps: I'm trying to help others who may have the same problems and will read this thread.

OK, but I would appreciate if you do so after you got a clear understanding yourself. I'm afraid some of your comments here could cause unnecessary confusions.

----------

Done now.
Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 10:29:23 PM by redwing

Paperbackstash

I have a question about this

The genre should contain any of "Soundtrack", "Musical", or "OST".

I love mainly movie scores, although I do have some soundtracks as well. I have the scores tagged as scores and not soundtracks since there is a difference. For some movies I have the soundtrack and the score, for instance. So this genre tag will not work to get images from the web because of that, correct?

I'm a new Musicbee user so a bit noobish with it so far.

redwing

I have a question about this

The genre should contain any of "Soundtrack", "Musical", or "OST".

I love mainly movie scores, although I do have some soundtracks as well. I have the scores tagged as scores and not soundtracks since there is a difference. For some movies I have the soundtrack and the score, for instance. So this genre tag will not work to get images from the web because of that, correct?

Yes, the genre tag should contain any of the three to retrieve and display web pictures. If you want to include "score" in the genre tag, you could use multiple genres like "Soundtrack; Score".
Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 04:01:17 AM by redwing

Paperbackstash

Thank you - got it to work with one of my soundtracks and messing with the folder

Trev1234

Hi Guys,

I have a question re this feature.... i have it working for some movie soundtracks but for most I do not. For example 'The Lost World' ...
I have set to the same title as here https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/46999-the-lost-world
but still no joy as it is still just rotating pics of John Williams?

another example is 'Walk the Line' - I have 'Soundtrack set as one of the Genres too (although 'Country' as well, but that should not matter right?)?

Any help appreciated ...it's a great feature , be great to get it working more consistently... thank you

redwing

TV shows are not supported. "Walk the Line" works fine for me. Check if your mapping is properly set using artwork downloader tool.

redwing

Made a correction to the first post:

- Does MB save web pictures in the folder as well?

No, they are only cached for future use (one picture for each movie). So the folder will be always empty unless you store some yourself.

This is no longer the case from v3.1.6375 or later versions of MB as it now saves one picture per movie and one per track for compilation album into the user's local folder. To avoid this, you need to edit MusicBee3Settings.ini file in AppData folder: <DisableMovieArtworkDownload>true</DisableMovieArtworkDownload>. Then artwork downloader tool will complain with "No match found" for already mapped tracks. Just ignore it.

redwing

If soundtrack pictures retrieving feature is not working, you need to update to the latest v3.1 of MB:

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip

(unzip and overwrite to your MB program folder)

redwing

There are many movies that have the exactly same title and if MB shows pictures of a different movie with the same title, there's no official way to correct the movie mapping.

This is how to correct it, but do it at your own risk as it's not officially supported.

- Find SavedSountrackMappings.dat file in AppData folder, and open it with a text editor.
- Search the movie title and you will see it's mapped with an IMDb ID.
- Go to IMDb site and find the right movie's ID (it's in its URL).
- Replace the ID and save it. Then MB will show the right movie's pictures.
- If you can't find the movie title in the file, that means the movie is not mapped. Then you need to map it first using artwork downloader tool.

The Incredible Boom Boom

Two things about this feature...

First, I don't know how to tag users, but @Steven - is there a way to have the Artwork Downloader reference the MOVIEORALBUM tag to pull soundtrack backdrops? I want to avoid cluttering up "Soundtrack Pictures" with the same picture from the same movie in the case of ALBUMARTIST holding "Various Artists." For example, when I play "The Avengers" film score, the "Artist Picture" panel is filled properly with pictures from the movie, because ALBUM=The Avengers, MOVIEORALBUM=The Avengers, ALBUMARTIST=Alan Silvestri.

However, when I play a soundtrack like "The Fighting Temptations," although MOVIEORALBUM is filled with the proper title and even after I edit the "movie" field for each track in the Artwork Downloader, my Soundtrack Pictures directory loads up the same picture for each track in the album.

- Find SavedSountrackMappings.dat file in AppData folder, and open it with a text editor.
- Search the movie title and you will see it's mapped with an IMDb ID.
- Go to IMDb site and find the right movie's ID (it's in its URL).
- Replace the ID and save it. Then MB will show the right movie's pictures.
- If you can't find the movie title in the file, that means the movie is not mapped. Then you need to map it first using artwork downloader tool.

The text inside my .dat file is gibberish and no IMDb ID is available. Any other suggestions for fixing this, so I don't get backdrops from the "Aladdin" remake when I play music from the original?
Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 06:21:30 PM by The Incredible Boom Boom