Author Topic: Faster way to change one single field in the column browser  (Read 2187 times)

Roadrunner

I mainly use the same columns in the column browser. But often I would like to quickly change just one of them and after finishing going back to my standard.

With the new "Set Displayed Columns..." popup it's quite a long way to get to the target, because I always have to deal with all columns:
Right click -> "Set Displayed Columns..." -> Lock for the same column in the right part -> Remove it by double clicking ->Lock for the new column in the left part -> drag and drop to the correct place

And same way back after finishing. Before it was just 3 clicks away, no need to study and click and move around...

Any possibility to get an easy and self-explaining way back?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If you configure a custom sort order in preferences with your "default" fields, then instead of doing the "Displayed Columns" thing, you can tell music bee to use the fields from your sort configuration, which should change them all at once.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Roadrunner

If you configure a custom sort order in preferences with your "default" fields, then instead of doing the "Displayed Columns" thing, you can tell music bee to use the fields from your sort configuration, which should change them all at once.
Thx for the information, that's indeed a great idea for going back to the standard after changing columns temporarily! Even if that has nothing to do much with sorting and I would never sort a result list by those columns ::) .

So, it's only more difficult to change it to something else, than before (it's probably not handy to store all temporary combinations as sort orders), but the way back is even faster...

Roadrunner

I just realized, that when I choose "Use Sort By Fields" in the column browser, the sort order won't be changed, if it is different to the current one. Is that intentional?