Author Topic: Recommended WinAmp plugins  (Read 80821 times)

Hanginon

MusicBee was at version 1.2 at that point in time.  It's quite possible that Steven made some changes along the way and those 'recommended' WinAmp plugins no longer work.  You'll have to wait and see if he steps in with an answer/explanation.

I understand. I do know on the earlier versions you had to create your own "plugins" directory.

Just trying to get a definitive answer if it's doable and/or I am doing something wrong.

Thanks again.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Just trying to get a definitive answer if it's doable and/or I am doing something wrong.

I don't think it works anymore. My memory of MB1.2 is foggy, but I don't think it had a built-in crossfader at that time, so Steven may have done some manual work-around to get that output plugin to function.

And that's part of the problem.  The BASS library that MB uses has add-ons that work for Winamp input, DSP, VST, and visualizer plugins, not output plugins ie: out_sqr.dll
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
MB can use output plugins. Just copy the output plugin files in the musicbee Plugins folder.
If it works, after restarting MB, it would appear as one of the choices in the output drop down box in the player prefererences Player tab
But i recall there is a DSP version of the plugin and thats probably what you want to use
Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 08:45:48 AM by Steven

phred

• Global Moderator
Might this plugin need to be imported?
I noticed the option to "Import Winamp Output Plugin" in Edit > Preferences > Player > Audio Player > Output
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Hanginon

Might this plugin need to be imported?
I noticed the option to "Import Winamp Output Plugin" in Edit > Preferences > Player > Audio Player > Output

Ladies and Gentleman, we have a winner! I never would have thought to look there - I thought that was only for configuring
soundcards for output. Makes perfect sense. The Sqrsoft Advanced Output, once selected, has it's own soundcard selection tab.

Thank you very much!!

phred

• Global Moderator
Thank you very much!!
You're quite welcome.  Although I can't take all the credit.  I noticed reference to that option while reading this thread this morning:  http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=16294.0
Then I checked to make sure the option still existed in the latest version, which it did.  
Happy fading!

Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 03:00:39 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

jorik

If somebody is really interested all winamp plugins in one file
Winamp Plugins

boroda

not all winamp plugins are compatible with mb. but, thanks, anyway.

lostinsound

Has anyone tried the AudioBurst FX output plugin with MusicBee? I imported it from Winamp and I think it gives a great sound, but gapless playback doesn't seem to be working properly in MusicBee. It actually skips the last little bit of a track every time the track changes, so if there is no silence between the tracks you can actually hear the previous track get cut off on a track change. I think it might be a buffering issue because when I decrease the buffer size in the AudioBurst settings to as low as it will go (0.5 seconds), less of the track gets cut off but you can still hear a slight hitch. This makes me think if I could put the buffer in AudioBurst at zero it would not get cut off at all, but that wouldn't really be ideal anyway. When I used it in Winamp it worked fine with the default 2 second buffer.

Anyway, I was just curious if anyone else had tried it or if anyone had any ideas or work-arounds that could solve this.

Edit: Does MusicBee do it's own buffering regardless of the output plugin? Could it be that the buffering that MusicBee does is interfering with the AudioBurst buffering? Is there a way to turn off buffering in MusicBee so that it's only controlled by the output plugin? Sorry, just think out loud here.
Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 05:41:23 PM by lostinsound

boroda

i recommend to try mb native 'skip silence' dsp plugin (its installed along with mb itself) because winamp output plugins aren't supported at all.