Author Topic: Import .mbp playlist?  (Read 3534 times)

max

So I recently had to reinstall windows with my library and .mbp playlists backed up on a flashdrive. The library imported without a hitch, but all of the playlists seem to be broken, asking me to locate each individual song in the playlist. Is there any way I can auto scan the songs from my library? When I open the .mbp playlists in notepad I can see that the file paths are wrong, but trying to manually correct the paths makes the .mbp unusable. If I could edit the .mbp's I could write a script to auto replace the paths, but none of my editors can save the .mbp.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi!  Welcome to the forum.

The first thing I suggest you try is Remap Music Folders (under File > Advanced), which will allow you to point MB to new files paths for the whole library.  I realize it's the playlists are the problem, but this might fix that, too.  If it doesn't, let us know.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

max

I do apologize as I cannot for the life of me figure out how to properly remap music folders. I had the library itself working, but my attempts at remapping have only broken things considerably it. I'm still new at this, so if you could help walk me through this it would be greatly appreciated.

Before re-installation of windows, MusicBee playlists were located in C:Users\Max\Music\MusicBee\Playlists   while the actual songs were stored on D:\Users\Max\Music
After re-installation of windows, MusicBee playlists are set to C:Users\Max\Dropbox\Music\MusicBee\Playlists    while songs are on C:Users\Max\Dropbox\Music\
I moved my songs from my HDD (D:) to my SSD (C:) after acquiring a larger drive and would like to keep the songs there. I got all the songs into my library by doing a fresh install of MusicBee and scanning C:Users\Max\Dropbox\Music
My only issue is the playlists and I cannot figure out how to remap the playlists without remapping the library