Author Topic: Layout configuration files?  (Read 4509 times)

gizmo1990

Hi guys

New to Musicbee, installed it yesterday and finding it to be a really excellent program.  However, I am finding the learning curve for layout editing quite steep. Are there configuration files of other peoples layouts that can be downloaded? I've been checking out theatre modes and new skins but what I really want are different library layout choices. For instance threads for peoples new skins show images of their layout configs. I really want those but the skins themselves obviously just change colours, fonts etc. Can peoples layout configs be installed? Is there a place where they are available?

Any help much appreciated.

redwing

There's no separate layout config file. All layout settings are stored in MusicBeeSettings.ini file along with all kinds of other configurations. So no, people don't share settings file.

It takes some time to learn MB's various features, but there are abundance of guides on the wiki and in this forum. Search on the wiki and this forum first, but if you can't find the answer, post your question here.

I would suggest update your MB to the latest version to use recently added features: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Latest_Update

gizmo1990

Thanks for your reply redwing. Ahh, that's a shame! :-[

Ok I'll try and soldier on with the help and forum. If I could ask one big question currently is how the heck to I simply sort Albums themselves in the main window!? By title name?? I've got the sort tab in the top left set to 'Albums by title' but it still insists on splitting up albums that have tracks from different singers/groups. Soooo annoying.

Can someone tell me how to stop that??

redwing

Probably it's about grouping setting (Edit> Preferences> Sorting/Grouping). If you include album artist in that setting, those tracks should have the same album artist such as Various Artists. Or tick album name only.

gizmo1990

Ahh, brilliant. Thanks so much!  :D

One quick other if you wouldn't mind? I've got my albums showing nicely now in the main window. I'd like to be able to double click on one and for it to open up in another tab? What currently happens is it opens in the same tab and I have to keep pressing the little back arrow.  Can I have it so that the first tab is always showing my music collection and each time I double click an album it opens that album up in a seperate tab? So I could end up with lots of different tabs which show a album I've clicked (which I can close with X) but the first tab is always showing my music collection.

redwing

No, it's not possible to send an album to a new tab.

If you middle-click on any node in the left navigator, then the node opens up in a new tab. So if you like to work with multiple tabs, then open music library node in multiple tabs and find and open each album per tab. MB remembers each tab selection when you exit, so they will stay in your tabs unless you select some other items.

gizmo1990

Thanks again Redwing. I'll keep checking that thread out too.

What can I set up to Tabs then? I've seen other people have theatre mode and compact player etc setup vertically? How is that accomplished? I can see 'toolbar buttons' in preferences/layout 1 but that just asks me for icons!? Aren't there any included with Musicbee?

redwing

Configure Layout button next to search box has every layout option you want. As for toolbar buttons, you need to store image files under MusicBee\Icons folder. Check out Icons board in the forum for image files.