Author Topic: Dark Skin  (Read 27248 times)

V4lve

Note that Dark skin is now bundled with MusicBee.  For the very latest version see the posts at the end of this thread.

-----------------------------------ignore below------------------

Here is a new version of the Dark skin. It skins drop down menus, star ratings in the edit panel and fixes the odd highlighting in the edit panel tabs.  

http://db.tt/rd4g52

Requires the 1.2.3789 Beta update posted earlier today 09:21:42 PM

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=551.msg6220#msg6220

Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 08:28:16 AM by V4lve

chorpo

perfect. nice job! thank you guys... nice customized menus and also edit panel...

Tim

Awesome! Especially the new splash. Thank you guys!

phred

• Global Moderator
Very nice job.
Is there any chance you can make the right-facing triangles on the drop-down menu pages the same color as the text?  Right now they're dark black on a not quite so dark black.  Pretty much the same thing with the check marks on already selected options.
Thanks for taking on this project V4lve.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
i'll make a change so the arrow is the same as the text colour

Steven

• Administrator
i noticed the rating stars dont blend well with the new menu background so i will fix that for the next update

V4lve

Steven

• Administrator
looks great. I'll be happy to include in the distribution if its ok with you

V4lve

chorpo

Steven

• Administrator
i think you use the non-skinned border option - the menu it the header section is only supported for skinned borders

V4lve

i think you use the non-skinned border option - the menu it the header section is only supported for skinned borders

It's a switch in the skin file.

Tim

When I switch back to the original Dark skin after trying out this one, the background of the menu still turns to orange when the mouse hovers on.

V4lve

When I switch back to the original Dark skin after trying out this one, the background of the menu still turns to orange when the mouse hovers on.

That's because it's a common feature of both skins.  I suspect you may have not noticed it or have been using an earlier version of "Dark" that didn't have it.  Does it persist if you use a completely different skin?

Tim

That's because it's a common feature of both skins.  I suspect you may have not noticed it or have been using an earlier version of "Dark" that didn't have it.  Does it persist if you use a completely different skin?

I had been using the Dark skin you published before this Darker one. Probably I had not noticed such a feature.