Author Topic: Right-click on Album, option to view bigger picture instead of "paste arwork"  (Read 3570 times)

Metaror

I want to be able to see the "show artwork" option instead of "paste artwork". In older versions of musicbee there used to be an option when right clicking albums in the music library, and it would show the image for the album in the original size in another window. I don't know how to get it to show again, cuz as of now there's only the "paste artwork" option and it's not even clickable.

redwing

The command is still there if you right click on an artwork in Album & Tracks view.

Metaror

Which is not what I want, I was able to see that option under the "Artwork" type of view, which in my opinion looks much nicer.

redwing

In artwork view, just double click on the artwork from the expanded panel.

About the new layout: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=12609.0

Also you can always double click on the artwork from tag info panel and tag editor.
Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 09:22:05 AM by redwing

Metaror

The expandable view doesn't work as you're saying, there's no way to directly open a bigger version of the artwork by double clicking it. The other method, through the "Edit>Tags" and then double-clicking the artwork does open the bigger version of the picture in another window, as I wanted.

Thanks for the help.

I still don't understand why not just substitute the useless (grayed out) "paste artwork" option for a "show artwork" option which would be much quicker and easier.

redwing

Maybe you're running an old version. Try the latest patch (2.4.5318): http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Latest_Update

Paste artwork command is quite useful when you want to paste a picture copied from the web to files. It's grayed out because your clipboard is empty. Copy a picture and then you will see the command gets active.

Metaror

Yes, I'm updated, and I get the purpose, I just think the way it was before was way better since the "Search Internet for Picture" feature is quite awesome.

Thanks a bunch for all the information, you've been very helpful  :) and musicbee is the best player EVER!