Author Topic: Admins rights  (Read 5089 times)

Havokdan

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 227
Good day! I'm using 1.4 MusicBee here at my computer, however, I'm not getting move files, edit tags and other functions without running player mode administrative reights, someone could show me what are the possible causes?

ma_t14

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2494
Good day! I'm using 1.4 MusicBee here at my computer, however, I'm not getting move files, edit tags and other functions without running player mode administrative reights, someone could show me what are the possible causes?


If I had to guess this is probably an ownership problem with the files you are trying to edit. Go to he folder containing the files > right click >Properties > Security> choose your user account > check full control.

You can also use this, it makes the procedure much easier.

Alternatively you can also make it so that MusicBee always runs in administrator mode:

Right-click on the shortcut > properties >shortcut > advanced > and check "run as administrator"

I always run my systems with UAC disabled and never run into such problems, so your problem might lie somewhere else that I'm not aware of.

p/s
Were you by any chance a forum member at the , now defunct, "Ken Rename" forums ages ago?

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 33268
This sounds like a more general windows question which you might have better luck on a windows specialist forum.
I assume you meant v2.4 of MB.
As a guess it sounds like the files were created from another account and you might need to change the file permissions using windows explorer/ right click/ Properties/ Security. You can also try moving one of the files in windows explorer to see if windows explorer displays any error message.
Perhaps other forum members might be able to help you.

Havokdan

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 227
I'll try the solutions given, just made the topic because I did not have this problem before. I formatted the computer this week, since the new facility that is like that in MusicBee. Thank you.

Havokdan

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 227
Good day! I'm using 1.4 MusicBee here at my computer, however, I'm not getting move files, edit tags and other functions without running player mode administrative reights, someone could show me what are the possible causes?


If I had to guess this is probably an ownership problem with the files you are trying to edit. Go to he folder containing the files > right click >Properties > Security> choose your user account > check full control.

You can also use this, it makes the procedure much easier.

Alternatively you can also make it so that MusicBee always runs in administrator mode:

Right-click on the shortcut > properties >shortcut > advanced > and check "run as administrator"

I always run my systems with UAC disabled and never run into such problems, so your problem might lie somewhere else that I'm not aware of.

p/s
Were you by any chance a forum member at the , now defunct, "Ken Rename" forums ages ago?

I already have full control on my notebook, because I am the only user, but even so, to send the files from the Inbox to the library, move files, edit tags, need to run in administrator mode, strange thing is that before I just needed the administrator mode to make association with MusicBee formats.
And I just had this nickname in this forum, have not used another nickname in this forum, in fact, never used that name mentioned by you anywhere.

Havokdan

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 227
This sounds like a more general windows question which you might have better luck on a windows specialist forum.
I assume you meant v2.4 of MB.
As a guess it sounds like the files were created from another account and you might need to change the file permissions using windows explorer/ right click/ Properties/ Security. You can also try moving one of the files in windows explorer to see if windows explorer displays any error message.
Perhaps other forum members might be able to help you.

As I formatted the notebook and did the backup before to an external hd and put it back in the same place until the account is the same on Windows x64 8.1.

Roadrunner

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 371
If I had to guess this is probably an ownership problem with the files you are trying to edit. Go to he folder containing the files > right click >Properties > Security> choose your user account > check full control.

You can also use this, it makes the procedure much easier.
I also suppose an ownership problem, it's probably not or not only the folders where the music files are, but the library folder as well. Even if you name the new user as you did before, it's technically not the same.

Havokdan

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 227
I think I may have solved the problem, thanks ;)
The problem seems that I did was back up the windows "Music" library, and the default MusicBee creates the folder with data in it when I formatted the computer, MusicBee asked if I wanted to update the library with new place, however in some settings got the wrong place, still in the settings, so I switched to the current place, apparently the problem was solved