Author Topic: All Genre in one folder  (Read 825 times)

DJ Skoda

Hello folks, I have been using Music Bee as a player for close to 3 years at a guess
and love it. so you can imagine my very pleasent suprise when i found out early last
year that Music Bee was so much more than just a player and i was able to sort out my 50k
music folder down to 26k plus once all the copies had been removed and other stuff not
needed. even going as far as being able to sort my music by artist/genre/artist-title.

now here is where i get myself stuck. what I would like to do is something like this.
Genre and then everything that is tagged with that genre lets say R&B will all be in
that folder as Artist/Artist-title and not how it is currently being display in my music
folder ( see image attatched) http://www.mediafire.com/view/vm3trv433m3p489/music_folder.jpg/file

thanks in advance
Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 01:05:04 AM by DJ Skoda

Axxonn

I use the Organise Files function for moving about folders, under Tools or I set up a hotkey for ease.

So I assume at the moment instead of   
music\genre artist\album\filename

You'd want to set the naming template to something like
\Music\<Genre>\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Filename>

Useful for cleaning up filenames too, i exchange the last bit for \<Disc-Track#> <Title>

captain_paranoia

Axxonn's suggestion will do what you want, provided all your music has correct metadata.

But the point of using a media manager tool is that it handles the metadata views, leaving your physical library to be just physical; a representation of the physical CDs.

I would therefore suggest not using genre as part of your physical library structure, but leaving it as a three-level hierarchy:

[path root]\<AlbumArtist>\<Album>\<Disc-Track#> <Title>