Author Topic: Discogs Tagger  (Read 107948 times)

solar

Hello
I installed the plugin correctly too but am not getting any tags in my tracks i try auto track by album or track or anything but am not able to get anything. Could someone that have it working write a step by step comment so i (and some more users) can see if we are doing anything wrong?

I found that I had like 10 access tokens in my discogs account for musicbee which probably wasn't a good idea. Here's how I fixed it:

- Login to discogs and go to https://www.discogs.com/settings/applications
- Remove all the tokens
- Start > run and type %appdata% to go to the AppData folder
- Open the Musicbee folder and then delete the 'discogs.token' file
- Restart musicbee and you should see the dialog to enter the new pin and re-auth with a new pin

After running auto tagger, I can now see the results for discogs.
Another thing to make sure of is if discogs is selected as a provider under "Tags (2)" in the preferences:
Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 11:39:05 PM by solar

manrae

manrae

Any suggestions to fix it? I'm running MusicBee 3.0.6335
just the obvious to update to the latest musicbee version on the downloads page
Hey buddy, when you get a chance would you mind looking at my video and instructing me on what I'm doing wrong?
Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 04:14:06 AM by manrae

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hey buddy, when you get a change would you mind looking at my video and instructing me on what I'm doing wrong?

What version of MusicBee are you on? Installer, portable, or Windows Store?

If you activate MusicBrainz as a source, do you get results from there?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

manrae

Hey buddy, when you get a change would you mind looking at my video and instructing me on what I'm doing wrong?

What version of MusicBee are you on? Installer, portable, or Windows Store?

If you activate MusicBrainz as a source, do you get results from there?

Version: 3.3.7491 P

This, among many other releases in my library, is not on musicbrainz. However, like was shown in the video, it is on discogs  :'(

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
But for albums that are in MusicBrainz, are you getting results from MusicBrainz? If not, then the problem is somewhere other than the tagger.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

manrae

But for albums that are in MusicBrainz, are you getting results from MusicBrainz? If not, then the problem is somewhere other than the tagger.
Yes, I am. I enabled Musicbrainz to test it out and I am getting results for albums that are in MusicBrainz

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
For whatever reason, I couldn't turn up your specific example, either. I don't know all the details on the API or why it wouldn't find it (I get results from Discogs for plenty of other albums), but I added it to MusicBrainz for you. A search for just Chalie Boy brings it up for me.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

EightyEight

Hi,

I installed the plugin that allows discogs.
I press the CTRL+SHIFT+T  and I start using diferent album name or artist but it can never found the album.
the current album title on each audio file is "Sancho Panza - Carnival"
on the discog website, I also search this album and it immediately found it:
https://www.discogs.com/Various-Sancho-Panza-Carnival/release/69342

In the Album Auto-Tagger dialog box, I searched for:
Album artist: VA, Various Artist or null
Album: Sancho Panza, Sancho Panza - Carnival, Sancho, Panza, Carninal etc
and any combination of these terms or individually.

It never finds it.

Album Artist = "Sancho Panza" returns one album on musicbrain but it's the wrong one.
then if I search for Album Artist = "Sancho" (without the quotes), it founds nothing.
This is really weird, "Sancho" is part of "Sancho Panza" so it should find it.
 I even tried Sancho% or 'Sancho%', but this plugin is not using SQL language.

I know the plugin works with discog as I found other albums where the result set come from discogs ("Maroon 5" for instance)

This is turning me crazy! I'd like to understand the mecanics of this search plugin.

Can someone help me?

frankz

FWIW I've had horrible luck using the album tagger with discogs (like you said, it works for some but not for others and I don't know why).  As a result I do all of my auto-tagging in picard (or mp3tag if musicbrainz doesn't have the album and I need to get the data from discogs).

For what it's worth, Discogs uses "Various" for various artists albums and you weren't searching on that exact match for some strange reason although the page you linked to showed it right at the top, but even using the right album artist I couldn't find that album from discogs using MB.

The 100% reliable way would be to be able to enter the release ID as a search term, but that's not an available option.

Hopefully someone else can provide better MB advice than this, but I don't know that you're doing anything incorrectly per se.
Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 04:50:41 PM by frankz

EightyEight

I figured that much, results are sometimes weird.
I'll try your suggestions, thx!

Steven

• Administrator
It looks like something has changed in the way they output the results that is throwing the plugin. I should be able to fix it

Steven

• Administrator

frankz

Yep - that update found one of the ones I'd had trouble with last week and the OP's album easy-peasy.  Nice!

Jeremyftw

This fixed my issue as well.  

It would be great to be able to enter a URL manually if the auto-find doesn't get it

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1242g6q1vvddbvc/mb_Discogs.zip/file
unzip and replace mb_Discogs.dll in the Plugins folder
Let me know how it goes