Author Topic: Discogs Tagger  (Read 107283 times)

adyry

Hi,
I'm trying to move from foobar to musicbee, but discogs tagger lack one important feature - it's unable to tag via release ID, is it possible to do it somehow?

Steven

• Administrator
not with that version of the plugin

adyry

Can you explain me then, why Auto Tag by Album almost always yields no results from discogs, although these releases are present in their database and I unchecked all other taggers in musicbee  ???

amp

Thanks, excellent plugin. Though, same problem persists, it rarely shows. When it worked, it had much rich tagging information than Gracenote. Is it an access limitation on Discogs end?

adyry

I get the error:
"unable to complete the Discogs auth - this plugin is not activated.
You can try again later using the Configure button in the plugin preferencves"

Of course I click activate, click configure, run musicbee as administrator... Nothing helps, any suggestions? MusicBee 2.5.5759

OOmatrixOO

Hi.
Is there no more devlopement for this plugin? I only need a realy good Tagger for Discogs in MusicBee like MP3Tag or Discogs Tagger for MediaMonkey to completly move to MusicBee. So i have to use more programs and not only MB.

Thanks.

Steven

• Administrator
only if someone else takes over to do more development on this plugin

OOmatrixOO

That's not nice to say. Had the hope that there are other options.  :-[

Steven

• Administrator
what other options did you think there would be?
Basically i am happy to completely hand over control of this plugin to anyone who wants to take it forward

OOmatrixOO

If i not know the album name there are no matches. Than search for (album)artist+title would be helpful and then you can select the right release. You can see this in the screenshot. This is a search with no album name. On top you can select the correct release from 13 hits.

Also the genre tag is filled with the style tag if there is a style tag. Why this?
A contry filter can also been very helpful.

Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 09:37:43 AM by OOmatrixOO

OOmatrixOO

Hello.
Are there any news? Can you fix the "genre / style tag" problem?

Thanks for your help.

crap_inhuman

If i not know the album name there are no matches. Than search for (album)artist+title would be helpful and then you can select the right release. You can see this in the screenshot. This is a search with no album name. On top you can select the correct release from 13 hits.

Also the genre tag is filled with the style tag if there is a style tag. Why this?
A contry filter can also been very helpful.

If you have question for "this" Discogs Tagger, you have to ask at the MediaMonkey Forum. :)
Metal up your ass !

crap_inhuman

Basically i am happy to completely hand over control of this plugin to anyone who wants to take it forward

Hi Steven,

i maintain the "Discogs Tagger" Addon from MediaMonkey. It's written in VBScript. I also wrote the Discogs Tagger with AutoIT.
I just think about helping MusicBee with my Discogs Tagger.

The Discogs Tagger EXE-File must some how triggered by MusicBee. The Discogs Tagger would get the selected song-files via api.
What do you think about this idea?

Regards,
Sven
Metal up your ass !

Steven

• Administrator

Hi Steven,

i maintain the "Discogs Tagger" Addon from MediaMonkey. It's written in VBScript. I also wrote the Discogs Tagger with AutoIT.
I just think about helping MusicBee with my Discogs Tagger.

The Discogs Tagger EXE-File must some how triggered by MusicBee. The Discogs Tagger would get the selected song-files via api.
What do you think about this idea?

Regards,
Sven
i am happy to give you the source code for the plugin. Its written in VB.NET
I am sure there will be quite a few people happy if someone does enhance this plugin

crap_inhuman

i am happy to give you the source code for the plugin. Its written in VB.NET
I am sure there will be quite a few people happy if someone does enhance this plugin

Fine. Could you send me the binary, too? I have no VB-NET installed for compiling. ;)

I will test it and post the result.

Metal up your ass !