Author Topic: playing two or more bundled tracks in sequence - even in random mode  (Read 19941 times)

Steven

• Administrator
I have updated the link to correct a flaw in the logic if you have multiple but separate sequences in the same album:
unzip and replace the existing files:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

Pingaware

This is brilliant. Thanks so much for doing this Steven!  ;D Another one off the dwindling list of wishes for the complete perfect player that caters to my every whim  :P
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Making sure I understand right: if you set different groups that happen to be continuous within an album (for instance, tracks 1-3, tracks 4-7), then they will ALL be played in sequence, right? 

But if 1-3 are a separate group from 4-7, then you want to only keep each "bundle" together, not the whole thing.  Will you consider implementing this functionality at some point?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
it will treat 1-7 as one sequence. As it stands there needs to be a gap for MB to treat it is two separate sequences and i do not think there is a simple implementation to avoid that

Zak

• Global Moderator
it will treat 1-7 as one sequence. As it stands there needs to be a gap for MB to treat it is two separate sequences and i do not think there is a simple implementation to avoid that
Sounds like the sort of thing that might be useful for classical music albums, where movements are recorded across several tracks. I don't listen to much classical music so I'm not sure.

The only solution I can think of is to let users assign tracks to named "groups" instead of just flagging the tracks to keep together.  :-\
Bee excellent to each other...

Steven

• Administrator

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Wow, Steven!  Once again you exceed all expectations.  I tested it right away with my classical filter, and the very first thing it picked was Appalachian Spring (8 tracks), which immediately follows Rodeo (4 tracks) on the album.  Yay!  :) :) :)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

1. Say track 1, track 2, and track 3 are ticked for keeping in sequence. While listening to a shuffled playlist, I wanted to listen to track 1. So I clicked on the track, but after playing it MB proceeded to play another song instead of track 2 & 3 which were in the playlist. Can you support this forced play cases as well?

2. Is there a way to see what tracks are ticked for the setting? Would be great if there's a new field like "Sequence Status" to be added as a column to the main panel.

Rachmaninoff

As the initiator of this post I also want ot say thx for all changes being made so far - but to be honest, it doesn't affect my intentions.
Like Redwing stated before - ticking the new flag for track 1,2,3 to be played in sequence has no effect by using Auto-DJ (or any other random mode).
If track 1 was played, another song from the playlist is chosen, but not track 2 (which I ticked the sequence flag for).

Perhaps I got it wrong, but my wish was, whenever track 1 is chosen randomly, track 2 AND 3 have to follow. And if track 3 is chosen randomly, it always has to start with track 1 followed by track 2 AND 3.
All ticked flags in sequence from the same album should be handled like one associated file - that was the original purpose of this thread.

Kind regards
Rachmaninoff

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator

Rachmaninoff

Hi Steven,

mmh, I took the new version - but I'm sorry, I don't see (and hear) any difference to the status before. Perhaps we really talk here about different things in detail, I am not sure, whether your update and my "problem" have the same purpose.

Mostly I am using the Auto-DJ function - perhaps the Auto-DJ ignores the new feature.
Anyway, I ticked the tracks 1,2,3 from the the same album with the new flag, and whenever Auto-DJ takes one of those, only the chosen one is played. As mentioned in the posts before, I would expect, that always 1,2,3 are played as a associated sequence (beginning with track 1), whenever the Auto-DJ (or any other random playlist mode) choses track 1 OR track 2 OR track 3.

Perhaps you will find the time to look for that again - many thanks and a nice carnival weekend.
Rachmaninoff