Author Topic: Lyrics Plugin  (Read 152102 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Cool, nice work!  I'd love to test it as soon as it's in testable form.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

quick_wango

• Software Engineer
This might take another week as I won't have that much time.

Iasc

This might take another week as I won't have that much time.

its great that your taking over this project.  thanks quick_wango.

VX

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the plugin development  :)

quick_wango

• Software Engineer
As seen in my last commits, the plugin has implemented a bunch of websites and is able to load in MusicBee. I have a few minor issues left before the first binary release. I will also setup a project in my bug tracker at http://bugs.engine.cubeisland.de to track feature requests and problems.

Steven

• Administrator
for v2.2 of MB I am planning make the lyrics queries multi-threaded so you may have 2 or more running at the same time.
From what i have seen of your code i dont think that would be a problem but just something to note for future sites you add

quick_wango

• Software Engineer
nice to hear, I was about to request that. Yes, I designed the plugin with thread-safety in mind. all objects are either immutable or stateless

quick_wango

• Software Engineer
here is the promised bug tracker: http://bugs.engine.cubeisland.de/browse/LYR

Just register and create an issue for a bug report / feature request

quick_wango

• Software Engineer
Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 09:28:50 AM by quick_wango

DPeichl

@DPeichl: Try going into 'Tags (2)' and checking 'ignore diacritic marks when searching' perhaps? It's worth a shot, at least.
I already had "ignore diacritic marks when searching" checked.  It had no effect on lyrics retrieval, but that's preferable to the other issue anyway.  I'd rather get no lyrics at all than lyrics from the wrong song.

I'll try quick_wango's new version and see if that's any better.    Since it's written in a language I actually understand, I might want to join the development effort when I have time.  ...with Wango's permission, of course.

I hate to join this forum just to complain.  I really do love Music Bee and use it a lot.

quick_wango

• Software Engineer
At any time :) since I started my new job there is so little time for my private projects, so any help here is welcome

redwing

Would be great if MB could display the specific lyrics provider name when fetched from one of the sources with this plugin, instead of just displaying "MusicBee Plugin".

skujaster

Is there any chance of updating the lyric plugin to ignore anything in "( )" or "[ ]" or something? Pretty much any track that has "(feat. *)" in it, the plugin can't find lyrics. The only solution is to temporarily rename the track and remove the "(feat. *)", search for lyrics, then add it back in which is very redundant and not good for mass-updating an entire album.

Maybe the plugin can search with it, but if it doesn't find, it re-does the search getting rid of anything that has "(feat. *)" or "ft. *" or "[*]" or something like that.

quick_wango

• Software Engineer
https://github.com/pschichtel/LyricsReloaded/issues/10

Something similar has been mentioned before. I just created this issue to keep track of the feature. Please add feedback to the issue in case I misunderstood you.

Edit: Ops, totally thought this was my thread... Anyways, I doubt this plugin will be updated, so referencing my reimplementation isn't that bad.
Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 10:26:40 PM by quick_wango