Author Topic: Compilation albums (eg soundtracks) get split up by artist; clump back together?  (Read 3307 times)

ElWongo2

I honestly like the way Windows Media Player sorts all of my albums. I like being able to click and drag the different albums together to sort and combie them.

The issue I have is that much of my music consists of soundtracks or compilations; as such my music library is massive, since each album is broken up by artist. I have the 'DJ Hero' soundtrack and as a result i have a different and distinct album for every single song.

I just want to look at my music by album; just by album art. It gives me a nostalgic feeling, like I'm looking through CDs. How can I achieve this?

Kaelri

There are a few ways to do this, but the easiest is to use the "Album Artist" tag. I have all of my compilations listed under "Various Artists," which tells MusicBee to associate tracks from the same album even if the "Arist" tags are different.

The only way this would be a problem is if I had more than one compilation album with the same album title - an exceedingly unlikely case, and easy to fix in any event.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
As Kaelri says.  Just be sure you're sorting by album or album artist, too, not by artist.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)