Author Topic: Two things I would love to see in MusicBee...  (Read 2764 times)

woses

First off let me start out by saying this: MusicBee is phenomenal. I am amazed at the level of customization available and have been playing with the settings non-stop. I have finally gotten it to look how I want it, but during the time I have noticed a few things that are not there that could possibly help out.

1) Being a music management application, I was not able to do some of what I would have liked with the folder structure of my music library. It seems to almost stop at ID3 tags. I would love to see the ability to do manipulate folder names too based on tags like artist name, and year when adding music to the library or when moving things around. Maybe I haven't spent enough time with it and I've simply overlooked it.

2) The Now Playing and Track Information windows in general, but as a whole maybe the entire layout could benefit from a drag-n-drop, snap style interface with containers to position them any way you would like. The default layout is fine, but seeing how customizable everything else is, I thought that it would be nice to see something like that.

So with that being said, I downloaded the API to see if is is going to be possible. I'm sure #2 will not be, but maybe #1.

Thanks again for a great piece of software and I hope my donation helps in keeping it going.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Welcome to the forum!

1) Being a music management application, I was not able to do some of what I would have liked with the folder structure of my music library. It seems to almost stop at ID3 tags. I would love to see the ability to do manipulate folder names too based on tags like artist name, and year when adding music to the library or when moving things around. Maybe I haven't spent enough time with it and I've simply overlooked it.

Yes, this is already possible.  If you give us a screenshot of your template and explain what you want to achieve, someone can probably help you figure out how.

The second has been requested before, but Steven has declined based on the amount of complication it would add on his end.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

ma_t14

Welcome from me as well...

1) You should have a look at the file organizer, found under Tools> Organize Files and also the auto-organize option found under Edit>Preferences> Library

Also make sure to check out the MusicBee wiki (still under construction): http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/MusicBee_Wiki
Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 03:23:17 PM by ma_t14

woses

I was just playing with it and I have attached a screenshot of what I think is the correct way, or not? It doesn't show a new name because the file already exists with that name I am assuming.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5flgacsyj9ik7zh/2014-07-14_10-22-57.png

Thanks again the help!

ma_t14

I was just playing with it and I have attached a screenshot of what I think is the correct way, or not? It doesn't show a new name because the file already exists with that name I am assuming.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5flgacsyj9ik7zh/2014-07-14_10-22-57.png

Thanks again the help!

That's correct