Author Topic: Save changes to MB DB in between  (Read 2850 times)

MJMike

Hi!

I have a question:

Is it possible to save the changes made to the MusicBee Database as and when you want?

Reason I ask is flwg:

A few times already I have been updating and updating....then MB hangs :(  and there is no other way then to close and
restart the program...

That's nice, but ALL CHANGES made are lost! So I can start all over again....

There must be a way to save your changes inbetween??

Mike

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If you're editing tags, rescanning the files should fix the problem.  Otherwise, no, there's no way to save changes on the fly.  I've created a "restart MB" button for when I want to make sure things are saved.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

MJMike

Thanks for the reply, but rescanning my amount of tracks really doesn't make sense...

I can't go for a cup of coffee, I can go to the coffee shop and stay there all nite!  ;D

So, how to create that "restart MB" button you are talking about? :)

Mike

Steven

• Administrator
if you tick "check for updates" in the library preferences then MB will automatically update files that have a more recent file modification date/times than the last time the database cache was updated. If you have a lot of files it might take a minute or two after startup to complete

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
So, how to create that "restart MB" button you are talking about? :)

It's in Preferences > Layout (1).  About halfway down, on the right side, there is a "toolbar buttons ... Edit" button.  That should get you started.  If you have tabs in the caption bar, you can't edit the toolbar buttons, but if they're not in the caption bar, you can usually right click in the vicinity of the buttons to make changes.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

MJMike

Sorry for my late reaction!  :(

I had major issue with my ext.HDD crashing..and MB DB was corrupted....

Thanks both for your valuable comment however!

I have already changed my setting to auto.update on start-up

Mike