Author Topic: No disk in drive notification  (Read 3999 times)

danskker

Love music bee but am starting to get bugged by the device notifications - how do I disable them?

At the moment, everytime I boot music bee I get 'The is no disk drive in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk\DR5' Cancel/Try Again/Continue  and I have to click continue a dozenish times to open the program. While i have a Windows phone which I played with syncing, at the moment 'Detect MTP devices iPhone are both unselected.  Why is musicbee then still warning me about external diskdrives? It would be great to be able to use music bee to interface with my phone but I found the whole process very un-fulfilling and would rather just disable those functions and enjoy musicbee as a standalone music player.

Steven

• Administrator
i have seen this message a few times myself and its windows, not musicbee that is displaying the message. I did make a change in v2.4 from the first topic on the forum that might help with this

danskker

right..I saw a previous thread which led me to removing a bunch of unused drives using windows computer manager and that seemed to have cleared up the issue, thanks!

that being said.. if I now switch on detect devices and plug in my phone, whats to stop the player/windows displaying the same message when the device is not attached..?

danskker

This issue is still bugging me. I removed a bunch of old drives that were still listed in my computer and that fixed it.. apart from the phone/music player. It seems if I want to be able to sync music with my phone, I have to put up with a frankly annoying message telling me that the 'storage device no longer exists..' whenever I open Music Bee when my phone is not connected. Can someone please tell me how to turn these error messages off - i know its silly but i hate getting this error message - there is no bloody error!

is it possible to hack the source code?

redwing

- Exit MB.
- Look into AppData folder and delete files ending in "mbl" and "dat" with the same filename as your old drive name.
- In the same folder, locate MusicBeeSettings.ini file and open it with a text editor. Search for "<Devices>" and delete all entries between that and "</Devices>" to clear all saved devices settings.
- Relaunch MB.
Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 01:46:10 PM by redwing

redwing

If the above doesn't help, try launching MB without the settings file in AppData folder. Then MB will create a new default settings file.

cynflux

I seem to get this error after I remove a CD that I ripped while MusicBee was running in the background.

cynflux

Used to get this error whenever I ran Musicbee, but not seen it in a while.
I use a flash drive to store my music.
Sometimes I forget to un-mount my flash drive via 'Safely Remove' utility.
When inserting the drive, Windows would always prompt me to check the flash drive for errors, etc.
Finally let the utility check the drive and it fixed some errors.
Since then, I do not get the prompt to have the flash drive checked for errors or the 'no disk in drive' error.