Author Topic: Remember inidividual Layout Settings  (Read 4867 times)

noergeljoerg

Hi Steven,
I like MusicBee a lot, especially in contrast to iTunes that gets slower every day...
I would like that MusiBee remembers individual Layout Settings per List/Folder/Filter.
For example, I have an Auto-Playlist that contains all classical music. For this I want no Column Browser and Artwork only, sorted by Composer.
For the Music Library or Playlists I need the Column Browser and want to see Track Details. Currently, everytime I switch from one list to another I have to adjust the Layout settings.
Is there a way that MusicBee can remember the different Layout settings?

Best Regards
Joerg

Steven

• Administrator
right click on the playlist in the left panel/ Edit Playlist and tick "custom fields for this playlist only"
you can also specify the layout to use

noergeljoerg

Hi Steven,
thanks for your fast reply.
So for static playlists I need to change the format to MBP. Then I can remember the layout. But this does not help to save the Column Browser settings (on or off). Can this be saved too (maybe a checkbox)?
Unfortunately I cannot use this for playlist folders. Because there is no Playlist to edit. (I am using a hierarchy of folders that contain static playlist, and in the folders I can manage the content of all lists/folders inside this folder.) Would it be possibe to implement such an option for Playlist Folders, too?
In general I would prefer to have an option in Preferences to control this behaviour globally. But I guess there is a reason why you have implemented it the way it is now. Furthermore, I would rather keep the old-style M3U lists in order to be more flexible...
Many thanks & Regards,
Joerg

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
+1 for the ability to apply a custom view to an entire folder at once.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Anni

+1 for remembering the settings for playlist folders. Also, please include if column browser or right sidebar are shown!

rumpelstilzchen

+1 for a setting in preferences to select whether layout settings are automatically and individually remembered independent of playlist type.