Author Topic: What will happen if I change the syntax for syncing?  (Read 2743 times)

so_la_la

I have my files synced to the phone with
Music\$Split($Sort(<Artist>),",",1)_<Year>_<Album>\<Tracknumber>_<Title>
all I wanna do now is to replace this by
Music\$Split($Sort(<Album artist>),",",1)_<Year>_<Album>\<Tracknumber>_<Title>

...which will result in identical paths for the vast majority of my files but not for all.
Will MB copy all of these files anew or just the ones which are being attributed new paths?

The question also applies to file format: I forgot to change the format of some of my files. Will ticking the respective box in the preferences pane result in December.ogg to be replaced with December.mp3? Or will the latter just be added?
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think it will only mess with the files whose paths have changed (or which have newer date modified on the computer, as normal), and will delete the files with old extensions.  But the only way to be sure is to try and see.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

so_la_la

I have a lot of playlists twice (with different content) and one I added I don't have at all on my phone. Apparently the old playlists didn't get updated and sth new (whatever) was written into a new playlist of the same name.
I have also 4 different album entries each stating "unknonw album" by "unknown artist" with a multitude of files (that are tagged excellently of course).
Some .ogg-files now appear as .mp3 files. Others, however, don't (which I was asked fo deletion before), hence I know they were mp4 or ogg-files.
So, changing any syncing parameters does not seem to be a good idea.
Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Sometimes it's easier just to delete things and sync from scratch.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

so_la_la

Hi,  this is what I did the time before this time. But I just can't sync 15gb of music from scratch each time I make changes to my music.

so_la_la

...playlists have also syncec incompletely or not at all plus files have not all been replaced with MP3 (maybe because MB thinks WP can read M4A?).
Anyway I am aware of the fact that much of it is down to Windows Phone which I will probably have to ditch in favour of some android device...