Author Topic: Why Does MusicBee Create an Aditional Remixer Tag  (Read 1896 times)

Joshua

Hello

I use the custom tag "Mix Artist" for remixer (tag code TPE4). I noticed the other day that MusicBee is creating an additional one in the tag inspector (tag code TXXX/REMIXER).

Why is MusicBee doing this? It doesn't actually show in the main panel or track details (if I don't put it there) so it doesn't seem to be a problem, but still, why?
Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 02:31:31 AM by Joshua

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hello

I use the custom tag "Mix Artist" for remixer (tag code TPE4). I noticed the other day that MusicBee is creating an additional one in the tag inspector (tag code TXXX/REMIXER).

Why is MusicBee doing this? It doesn't actually show in the main panel or track details so it doesn't seem to be a problem, but still, why?

This is a MB tag that Steven left in place when he added TPE4, so that people who had used the old TXXX/ tag wouldn't have to retag their files.  You can ignore it.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Joshua

That's all very well with me (about the old tag being left in MB) but what I want to know here is why MusicBee is copying my one and making another one. There doesn't appear to be an agenda for this behavior.