Author Topic: Proposed (optional) changes for simplified layout  (Read 113577 times)

redwing

Regarding playing track panel hotkeys,

- When you're using the hotkey for toggling show bottom pane, there's a discrepancy with Panel Layout button menus, although it's working correctly in functionality. If you tick "Do Not Display" with Panel Layout button, then the hotkey doesn't work. Also when you hide the panel with the hotkey, still "Bottom Pane" is ticked in the menu. Shouldn't it toggle between "Bottom Pane" and "Do not display" with the hotkey?

Bump.

Once playing track panel in tab is closed down, the hotkey for opening bottom pane doesn't work until you click on panel layout button and tick bottom pane again. Very annoying.

Steven

• Administrator
the way it works mirrors how it used to work with the buttons ie. there was no button when the panel was not active.
However its a simple change to make it work in a more useful way with the hotkey, which i have done for the next v2.4 update

redwing

Though now it always points to "Do Not Display", the hotkey's working fine now.

Steven

• Administrator
Though now it always points to "Do Not Display", the hotkey's working fine now.
i have made some minor changes (however it wasnt doing that for me)
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_4/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

mikebo

- when switching tabs with ctrl+tab MainPanelTopBorder isn't redrawn properly

Also when after right clicking an inactive tab MB will switch to that tab and show the context menu, but MainPanelTopBorder isn't redrawn.
So a fix would be to either make it redraw properly or not switching to that tab and just showing the menu.

mikebo

- when switching tabs with ctrl+tab MainPanelTopBorder isn't redrawn properly

Also when after right clicking an inactive tab MB will switch to that tab and show the context menu, but MainPanelTopBorder isn't redrawn.
So a fix would be to either make it redraw properly or not switching to that tab and just showing the menu.
MainPanelTopBorder isn't redrawn when closing the rightmost tab from it's context menu or by ctrl+w.

redwing

In tabs in caption bar mode with all buttons in caption bar, right-click menu to open configure toolbar pane is not available. Is this an oversight or not supported?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
In tabs in caption bar mode with all buttons in caption bar, right-click menu to open configure toolbar pane is not available. Is this an oversight or not supported?

I asked about this a while back.  It's not supported.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

- when the player is not docked on the bottom ie. the status bar is the bottom most panel, then the summary text is centred

How about making the text always center-aligned regardless of sidebars' widths? Currently it's affected by the width of either sidebar.

redwing

Bump. I don't get this. You made the status bar extending across the entire window. Then why is the centered text aligned with the main panel instead of the whole app? It's annoying the text keeps moving whenever I show/hide sidebars.

Pingaware

From what I remember, people complained more when it wasn't aligned with the sidebar. I was of the same opinion as you, but clearly in the minority, and Steven went with the majority.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

redwing

From what I remember, people complained more when it wasn't aligned with the sidebar. I was of the same opinion as you, but clearly in the minority, and Steven went with the majority.

Not sure we're talking about the same thing. I'm referring to the centered text on the status bar when the player bar is docked at the top. It's not centered of the entire app, but of the main panel.

Pingaware

Not sure we're talking about the same thing. I'm referring to the centered text on the status bar when the player bar is docked at the top. It's not centered of the entire app, but of the main panel.

I can't get that situation to occur. What exact settings are you using?
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.