Author Topic: Proposed (optional) changes for simplified layout  (Read 113589 times)

Steven

• Administrator
you need to be specific about the issues and a screenshot would probably help.
I dont really want to keep the setting it as i dont think its consistent but some people feel strongly its needed so i guess i will support it within reason.

hiccup

Without "AllowStatusBarInPanel" element:

With "AllowStatusBarInPanel">true<

Library panel misses bottom "thumb".
Spectrum Analyzer in Track Information misses bottom of scale.

Steven

• Administrator
i dont have time to test this but it should probably fix the issue. Let me know if it doesnt and i will test it properly next time

redwing

- Panel Layout button is almost invisible in tabs in caption bar mode with lots of dark skins (e.g. Dark fine-tuned, Darknight Blue from mine). If this can be fixed, I guess it's not mandatory to update existing skins with these changes.

- Column browser is now only configurable through preferences dialog, which I found very inconvenient. How about showing menu items upon right-clicking on the column browser header? Also consider to support this related wish of mine, which could help at least save some clicks: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=12447.0

redwing

Regarding playing track panel hotkeys,

- When you're using the hotkey for toggling show bottom pane, there's a discrepancy with Panel Layout button menus, although it's working correctly in functionality. If you tick "Do Not Display" with Panel Layout button, then the hotkey doesn't work. Also when you hide the panel with the hotkey, still "Bottom Pane" is ticked in the menu. Shouldn't it toggle between "Bottom Pane" and "Do not display" with the hotkey?

- Could you support a hotkey for toggling playing track panel in a tab as well?

KissCool

1)
If you have tabs in caption and the now playing list is docked in right sidebar the header is removed to make it flush with main panel. So with the header gone Steven had to put the duration somewhere else and he chose the status bar. I guess that for consistency he made it show in the status bar even for layouts where header is visible.
Since the most important thing about this header is moved to the status bar, why not just removing this "useless" header when docked to the right (whatever the position of the tabs: main panel or titlebar) and extend the new tabs/toolbar to the right when you tick "Horizontal (Left + Main Panel)"?
 - more space for tabs and/or icons! Since two bars are merged, this extra space would be welcome.
 - more consistent:
    -> Right panel have an header, left one haven't
    -> icons and search box are staying at the same position, whatever the status of the right panel (expanded or not)
Here 2 screenshots I made (1 year ago) in this topic:

vs.

2)
i have added an extra option in the toolbar configuration dialog so that the toolbar buttons can be displayed on a separate row when tabs are docked in the main panel ie. effectively the old layout
Thank you!

3) Could we have a skin element (or the ability to choose our own icon in icons folder) for this new "group icons into one" button, please?

4) About this new horizontal icons popup (when you press the "group icons into one" button), why not something like google?

It's not really a wish, I'm OK with the actual icons popup. Just giving an idea about an alternative layout (I forgot to hide the text under each icons...). IMO, it looks better, it's more intuitive (vertical orientation, like a dropdown menu) and it's easier/faster to click.

5) One last thing about this icons popup: I think that the close button is useless since:
 - clicking a second time on the "group icons into one" button close the popup (good enough and faster)
 - performing another action auto-close the popup (even faster)
So, you'll never use this "close" button!
Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 01:44:45 PM by KissCool

redwing

Can you support overrides for search box on the caption bar? The thing is that many of my dark skins use gradients in their caption bar and I'd like to use the same color for search box when it's on the bar. But it would look odd when it's on the main panel. So I'd like to have overrides for Controls.SearchBox.Default (bg, bg2, fg) and Controls.SearchBox.Lowlight (fg).

Steven

• Administrator
Can you support overrides for search box on the caption bar? The thing is that many of my dark skins use gradients in their caption bar and I'd like to use the same color for search box when it's on the bar. But it would look odd when it's on the main panel. So I'd like to have overrides for Controls.SearchBox.Default (bg, bg2, fg) and Controls.SearchBox.Lowlight (fg).
its not possible to support a gradient with text boxes but if have added the following overrides for the next update in case they are useful anyway:
CaptionBar.SearchBox.Default fg, bg
CaptionBar.SearchBox.Lowlight fg  -- for the search box menu button

Steven

• Administrator
i will also add bdr but its not as straight-forward as it sounds

redwing

its not possible to support a gradient with text boxes but if have added the following overrides for the next update in case they are useful anyway:
CaptionBar.SearchBox.Default fg, bg
CaptionBar.SearchBox.Lowlight fg  -- for the search box menu button

Thanks! Should be useful regardless of support for gradients.

redwing

Could you support an override of Panel.CommandIconOverride for toolbar buttons on the caption bar, the color of which is different from that on the main panel? I need this for my multi-color Pastels skin set. 

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_4/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

I have added:
CaptionBar.CommandButtonOverride fg, bg
CaptionBar.CommandIconOverride fg

this version also fixes a bug where MB wasnt defaulting the back/forward/ panel layout button colours to the main panel button colours and hence were not showing for dark skins
Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 08:50:40 PM by Steven