Author Topic: Lost 2000 mood and tempo tags!  (Read 8762 times)

e-motiv

I don't think so.
As I said before and I tested like 10 more just now, the damaged-tracks don't have any tempo or mood in tag inspector.
To follow your train of thought, I checked 10 or so non-damaged tracks and MB always displays tempo and/or mood, for:
1. only has TXXX/MOOD and/or TXXX/TEMPO (6)
2. = 1 and COMM/Musicmatch_Tempo and COMM/Musicmatch_Mood (1)
3. = 1. and 2. and COMM with a mood inside (wth?) and COMM/Songs-DB_Tempo (wth?) and TXXX/TMOO (2)
4. =3 without TXXX/TMOO (3)

My brains hurt.

Hmm.  For files with COMM tags, is there anything shown in the comment field?  Are there any files with ONLY COMM tags, and no TXXX/ or TMOO tags?

I ask because MusicBee discards tags that it's not configured to read when performing certain processes, including replacing and converting files.  I'm wondering if that happened here, although I think MB would read all of those.  The COMM tags are the only ones I'm not sure about.  I think I had to configure those as custom tags when coming over from Media Monkey.
From the damaged ones or the non-damaged ones?
And is there a way I can find/search for those? Upto now I have just been checking tracks manually and randomly, but what you ask might take a long time without a specific "COMM" search, or do I just search for "Comment" with a MB filter?
[Edit]Oh yeah, and you mean "COMM" as written or "COMM/Musicmatch_Tempo" etc.. ?
Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 08:21:31 AM by R U Bn ?
  Developing @ e-motiv.net       --       Musicbee plugins: Speak Back - Ghost Tracks - Radio Dig

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Alright R U Bn ?
This is possibly what went wrong.

COMM/Musicmatch_Tempo and COMM/Musicmatch_Mood are your old Musicmatch tags.  MB reads and displays these tags but doesn't write them.
Whenever you save any tag changes to a file with those Musicmatch tags, MB creates the corresponding TXXX tag.
That you have TXXX/TMOO tags suggests that you have at one stage used ID3v2.4 tags as TMOO gets changed to TXXX/TMOO not TXXX/MOOD when reverting to v2.3 tags.  The COMM tags sometimes will also be stripped of their headers and be lumped together as just comments when this is done also.

If this is what happened, your Musicmatch tags may still be in the Comment field, but MB may not be displaying the multi-line comment field correctly.

Try viewing those files in MP3tag or MediaInfo or something that has a larger comment field viewer.  You might be lucky and the tags are still there.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

e-motiv

Sorry guys, hadn't had time and frustration bit me hard, so I fell out of this topic.  So, with a bit of re-motivation:

Bee-liever, before I follow your suggestions, doesn't the post I made earlier with the 1-2-3-4 examples disproves your theory? If not, can you explain me why, so I look for the right things, please? Thanks.

Anyone, I am checking also another road: I made some backups ("accidentally") in the past from my music bee library. I wanted to check with an SQLite compatible database program if I can see what went wrong by comparing them with some queries, but I cannot get in. 
Does anyone know the password and/or if it is encrypted?  Thanks!

Bee-liever, this also makes me think: Your talking about file-tags only, but MB library's DB should have remembered, shouldn't it?
  Developing @ e-motiv.net       --       Musicbee plugins: Speak Back - Ghost Tracks - Radio Dig

boroda

Anyone, I am checking also another road: I made some backups ("accidentally") in the past from my music bee library. I wanted to check with an SQLite compatible database program if I can see what went wrong by comparing them with some queries, but I cannot get in. 
MB database is not SQLite database, its a cache of in-memory data.

e-motiv

MB database is not SQLite database, its a cache of in-memory data.
Damn! Anyway to "connect" to it, besides MB?  (I don't see myself setting MB up for several DBs for this.)
P.S. How come the SQLite engine is included in MB?