Author Topic: .M4a and AAC fail to play  (Read 6886 times)

kilodan

Hi there

Tried a search but couldn't see anything recent on this. I'm new to music bee and im struggling to get it to play my .m4a files. Im using version 2.4.5227. It doesn't display any information for them as it does in vlc, itunes, media monkey. It says bit rate unknown and any attempt to play the file gives an error saying:

Unable to play this file - it is an unsupported format or is corrupted

Files play fine in all other media players, as do their ID tags show. I have tried downloading an m4a codec/quicktime. Is there anything else that might be causing the issue? About half of my music catalog is unplayable :-(

Thanks

Steven

• Administrator
if you are using xp or vista you will need bass_aac.dll - see the FAQ in the wiki.
Otherwise aac/m4a files should play.
As to the tags, you would need to PM me a link to a zip of one of the files so i can see what is going on

Citfield

I recently updated my lyrics on an itunes download.

Now this song has gone all corrupt on me, how do i go about to rectify the problem?

I can't seem to redownload the song.

Regards,
Allen

Citfield

I have uninstalled and re-installed musicbee and song still doesn't want to play.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Did you install bass_aac.dll as Steven suggested above?

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ#How_do_I_play_AAC_files_in_MusicBee.3F

If so, does the file play okay in iTunes?

If it doesn't, then I suggest looking more into getting the song from iTunes again.  Unless you went pretty deep into the settings and manually removed it from your account, it'll still be available, you may just have to dig for it.  You'll need to go to an iTunes forum if you need more help with it.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Citfield

Thanks psychoadept.

It is working perfect. I thought that this won't work as it was only 1 song that didn't work.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Great! Glad it was just that.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)