Author Topic: A crazy idea...  (Read 3659 times)

9cupsoftea

I know this is a strange idea, and probably won't (and couldn't) be implemented, but I was messing around with my windows theme sounds, and wondered if Musicbee could have an optional similar set of sounds for navigation. Something like the sound of a button being pushed on an old cassette player when stopping and starting, beeps when raising or lowering volume, a little ding when a new podcast is downloaded, or even a whoosh when sending something to a playlist or library. I imagine such things could be customised a hundred different ways if implemented.

Is this silly and impractical? What do you guys think?

marmonto

+1

It really sounds crazy, but it´s like bringing a kind of reality to a software about the sounds we usually hear when  we interact with gadgets like a tape player, all retro, I think it could even allow to have something like a Sound-Skin selection, or Action-Sound configuration where every one can choose a personalized configuration.
marmonto

Zak

• Global Moderator
I think the novelty would wear off very quickly after which it would become really annoying.

That might be just me - one of the first things I do on a new PC is disable Windows sound effects.
Bee excellent to each other...

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That might be just me - one of the first things I do on a new PC is disable Windows sound effects.

Not just you, I do the same.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
Personally, I'd never use it.  That being said, it could/should be developed as a plugin so those who want it can have it.  I think there are other things that Steven can spend his time on that would have a more wide-spread appeal.
Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 04:10:22 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

Actually there is already a plugin for this:
http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Speak_Back_Plugin

But you should replace voice (which is really just an audio files) with your own sounds.