Author Topic: VST Effects Plugin  (Read 124281 times)

Steven

• Administrator
I did notice though that when going to update #2, while all still worked, some GUI VSTs would now lose their settings between being deselected/selected, which did not happen with the first update.  The editorless one still has full retention.
i cant reproduce any issues. Can you give me some steps and let me know which VST plugins are being used?

sveakul

Short and quick just to show an example:

1. Updated to mb_VST "First Update", using the three VST-2's LoudMax (https://loudmax.blogspot.com/), Wider32.dll (https://upload.disroot.org/r/jcNP90JY#r/TgK3WKfR4SQ4KIcpRwbLbt1CTI/gLwUTbT1hcfpOg=), and the Polyverse "Wider" (https://polyversemusic.com/downloads/legacy/InfectedMushroom-WiderV1.0.zip) (the latter's VST-2 file renamed to "Polyverse-Wider32.dll" to avoid interference with the second example which has the same file name).  Result was that all three show their GUI/Editor and retain their former settings when deselected/reselected.

2.  Update to mb_VST "Second Update."  Now, Polyverse-Wider32.dll will not retain its GUI's settings but reverts to default when it is deselected/reselected.  The other two retain fine.

Granted "one lousy example" isn't a lot to cry foul about, but as Update #1 allows me to have my cake and eat it too with the few plugins I actively use, I will stick with it for now.  I do not experience the "fast slider freeze" issue that Update #2 is meant to address.

Steven

• Administrator
that should be working now - same link as before

sveakul

Yes!  Update #3 fixes the problem.  Thanks for such a quick fix!

MusicalCetacean

Hi Steven, could you take a look at how the VST plugin (or MusicBee in general) handles high sample rate tracks? I've loaded two VST effects into MusicBee (FabFilter Pro Q 3 and Voxengo SPAN) which have real-time spectrum analyzers, and both of them don't display correct spectra when 96 KHz files are being played. The spectrum gets visually "squished" so that the wider frequency range of 96 KHz data is shown within a smaller range (up to ~28 KHz in ProQ 3 and 22 KHz in SPAN), so that spectral content is not shown at the right frequencies.

I suspect a MusicBee issue because those same plugins don't show this squishing when loaded in Foobar2000 (both using WASAPI exclusive mode output). Content above the frequency display range of the plugin is simply not displayed, rather than having the entire spectrum squished into the display range. This is more accurate to the waveform (cross-referencing static analysis tools like Spek).

It's possible to reproduce this issue with the resampling function in the MusicBee Player options. If resampling is enabled and set to 96 KHz, the display in SPAN won't show anything above the 11 KHz marker on a resampled 44.1KHz file, because after resampling, the 22 KHz content is remapped to 11 KHz in SPAN. The issue with 96 KHz files also disappears if they get resampled down to 48 KHz. I would greatly appreciate it if you took a look at this issue.

nojwe

Joja2k

Can't get this to work, I have been trying for the past hour and there is absolutely no way to get this working for me. I followed every step possible, but no vsts are showing up in the equalizer section.

hiccup

Can't get this to work, I have been trying for the past hour and there is absolutely no way to get this working for me. I followed every step possible, but no vsts are showing up in the equalizer section.
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing Joja2k.

Joja2k

So I have placed the vst dll file into the music bee plugins folder and created a new vst folder within the plugins folder. I have placed my 32 bit vst files into that folder and set the vst host in preferences, plugins to "C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins\VST" . Restared music bee, and nothing is showing up. I did place the new bass dll. file into the music bee folder as well, but still nothing is showing up. What am I doing wrong exactly? Cheers!

hiccup

Not sure if putting your VST files in MusicBee's plugin folder is a good idea. Since they are not actually MusicBee plugins.

Have you set this correctly?:

sveakul

Apparently with the Installer version of MusicBee you end up with more than one Plugins folder, one at the path you gave and another at user/Appdata/Roaming/MusicBee/Plugins, but all I can address is the Portable version where you have one version of everything all in the same place.  Anyway, check this:

1.  You are using the latest 3.5.x version of MusicBee
2.  You have the file mb_VST.dll in the Plugins folder (which one IDNK but not in both)
3.  You have the file bass_vst.dll in the MusicBee main folder with MusicBee.exe.
4.  Move the folder with the VSTs in it outside of the MusicBee structure, like C:\VST, and change "source folder" in the VST host section of Preferences to read that.

Now restart MusicBee and see if the VSTs appear in the DSP list.

Joja2k

Hi again, I tried everything that sveakul listed, musicbee is on the latest version as well. https://imgur.com/OJ5aeWt https://imgur.com/jptECKj That's how I have my stuff setup, tried moving everything as i've said. I have a feeling like it's not "scanning" for the vst's at all.
Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 07:00:40 PM by Joja2k

phred

• Global Moderator
Hi again, I tried everything that sveakul listed
If the screenshot with your most recent reply is current, then you did not try everything sveakul said.

4.  Move the folder with the VSTs in it outside of the MusicBee structure, like C:\VST, and change "source folder" in the VST host section of Preferences to read that.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

sveakul

What phred said.  Your pictures show you didn't create a folder for your VST effects outside of the MusicBee tree at all, just put another one where the old one is.

1.  Make a new folder on your hard drive directly off the drive letter, like "C:\VST."
2.  Move all your VST effect plugins to that folder.
3.  Delete the folders you made in the MusicBee Plugins folder, "VST" and "VSTs".
4.  Go back into the host preferences and replace the path with the new one, C:\VST.
5.  Add the new folder to your antivirus white-list (exclude list) to be sure that doesn't interfere.