Author Topic: VST Effects Plugin  (Read 124179 times)

Steven

• Administrator
i assume the bundle you install creates separate folders for the VST2, VST3 and RTAS files so try configuring the plugin to point to the VST2 folder only.
The plugin cannot handle VST instrument plugins and i am not sure about whether VST3 works or not

stuck_limo

the VST plugins need to be the 32 bit version

I'm using the 32 bit versions.

stuck_limo

i assume the bundle you install creates separate folders for the VST2, VST3 and RTAS files so try configuring the plugin to point to the VST2 folder only.
The plugin cannot handle VST instrument plugins and i am not sure about whether VST3 works or not

So are we not supposed to move the .dll files to the MusicBee folder?

kamizon

@Steven

The path of the VST2 plugins precisely matches the one in the Musicbee preferences. VST plugins are 32 bits just simple VST2 NO VST3 or VSTi

Any other ideas ?

Steven

• Administrator

no - where did you see that instruction? You need to configure the MB Plugin in Preferences/Plugin to point to the folder the VST plugins are installed

Steven

• Administrator
another possibility is there may be a dependency on some C++ runtime files that you dont have installed. Apparantly the developer of the BASS_VST.dll which musicbee uses for this plugin will be doing something to address that in a few weeks tiime.

stuck_limo

no - where did you see that instruction? You need to configure the MB Plugin in Preferences/Plugin to point to the folder the VST plugins are installed

Confusion over your phrasing. Anyway, I guess the only way to fix this is for someone to actually watch my computer as I do it. Obviously something is not happening, and it's either within MusicBee or the software I'm installing.

endangeredpringle

Hi Steven, loving Musicbee! Best program for music organisation and playback I've ever used! I don't suppose you have any updates on the VST host plugin at all however? I have a pair of great speakers that so happen to annoyingly resonate and I use the fabfilter pro-q to sort them out. I've followed all the steps listed in the thread but I'm still not getting anything coming up. Thanks :)
Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 03:00:33 PM by endangeredpringle

kamizon

another possibility is there may be a dependency on some C++ runtime files that you dont have installed. Apparantly the developer of the BASS_VST.dll which musicbee uses for this plugin will be doing something to address that in a few weeks tiime.

Finally encouraging news. Thank you Steven.

metalhead68

The Steinberg sound level meter https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/unsupported_products/slm_128.html doesn't get recognized. Does it not recognize vst3 plugins?

kamizon

I tried installing C++ runtime 2017 which ended in an unspecified error. My guess it requires some specific update to be installed from Microsoft. I think it's the issue why the plugin's aren't working. I'm waiting for Steven as he said something will be done regarding this.

Steven

• Administrator

I tried installing C++ runtime 2017 which ended in an unspecified error. My guess it requires some specific update to be installed from Microsoft. I think it's the issue why the plugin's aren't working. I'm waiting for Steven as he said something will be done regarding this.
in the case of this plugin its supposed to be the 2010 runtime.
You can get it from here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

let me know if it solves the issue and i will add some instructions to the install if it fixes the issue

kamizon

in the case of this plugin its supposed to be the 2010 runtime.
You can get it from here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

let me know if it solves the issue and i will add some instructions to the install if it fixes the issue

Yes sir it did, thanks a lot. Wouldn't it be a better idea to incorporate the C++ runtime dependencies with the plugin?

Thanks for the support Steven, highly appreciated.

cupax

Hi,

I have Windows 10 64bit & Musicbee v3.0.6276.
I've installed your plugin in "C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins", checked that 2010 runtime is installed but the plugin just does NOT show up in the DSP window. Like it is not installed at all.

I've tried to run Musicbee as admin but still no luck.

Any ideas?

rus929

Hi,

I have Windows 10 64bit & Musicbee v3.0.6276.
I've installed your plugin in "C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins", checked that 2010 runtime is installed but the plugin just does NOT show up in the DSP window. Like it is not installed at all.

I've tried to run Musicbee as admin but still no luck.

Any ideas?

In version 3.0.6276, the path of Plugins in Preference section is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Plugins". You must change that manually to "C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins". I don't know if it was the same path in Windows 10 coz mine is Windows 7.