Author Topic: Finding Artwork on Hard Disc  (Read 4093 times)

oldrocker55

Hi All

Looking for some help from a less than technical old rocker !!!1

Have some album files made of various different tracks, and customised artwork files, ie some of my own photos. Artwork was showing up fine, but I made some audio changes to some of the albums using audacity, ie some cross fading and compressing. I think when I saved the files in audacity and then exported back to my hard disc I may have changed the files names ever so slightly. Rescanned in MBee and music is grand, but artwork is gone,

Can I locate it on the hard disc or????????  I have the original files with old artwork on my laptop, so can I maybe find the artwork there copy and save and xfer to the missing one?

Thanks in advance

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
How did you have the artwork saved?
Embedded, in the folder or linked?
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

oldrocker55

Hi Bee-liever

I had/have all pics with embedded ticked

Thanks

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Hey oldrocker55,
I know from experience that audacity doesn't re-save embedded artwork.

You could open the old files in MB, copy and then save the artwork to the new files.
Or you could use Mp3tag, which has the option to extract the embedded artwork from the old files, allowing them to be saved in case you ever need copies of the artwork again.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

oldrocker55

Thanks for your advice.

Which would you recommend? As which one would be easier for the non gifted? LOL
Not even sure how to save artwork from the old files
!! :)

Pingaware

You can also use MB to extract embedded artwork - just open the artwork "Save to" dialogue in the tag editor and tick "link the picture to this music track" and "link to an organised copy of the picture". Then save the file and find its file location, and the artwork should be saved there.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can also use MB to extract embedded artwork - just open the artwork "Save to" dialogue in the tag editor and tick "link the picture to this music track" and "link to an organised copy of the picture". Then save the file and find its file location, and the artwork should be saved there.

In the latest update, it's easier than that.  Right click on image in Track Details, choose "Save Picture To"
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

oldrocker55

Thanks All for your kind help. Reckon I have it sorted. Under Artwork I click Save To, but do get an error message saying folderjpg is not writeable, and if that folder exists I can't find it LOL!

But I click embed and Link to Music Track and Link to Organised copy of the picture and it shows up in the folder and in MB

So thanks again!

Pingaware

Should have mentioned, you want to use "Link to an Organised Copy" and not "Save to Folder.jpg". Folder.jpg is reserved in Windows 7 (and possibly other versions, don't have the info on me to confirm) for use by Windows Media Player, even if you don't use that program yourself.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.