Author Topic: Track Previewer  (Read 37880 times)

Steven

• Administrator
When this plugin is enabled, MusicBee will only play the starting portion and optionally the ending portion of a track. You can set a start offset and duration in the Plugin preferences screen and optionally an offset from the track end/ duration  (all in seconds)

To activate, right click in the Now Playing panel/ Preview Mode/...
  Enable Track Preview Mode - this needs to be done on each restart of musicbee.
  Suspend Track Preview Mode - if you want to keep listening to the current playing track. The preview mode when the current track finishes

or assign and use these hotkey commands:
Player: Toggle Track Preview Mode
Player: Suspend Track Preview Mode

unzip and put in the plugins folder:
https://getmusicbee.com/download/plugins/mb_TrackPreviewer.zip
Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 02:44:38 AM by Steven

redwing

Can you elaborate on how to use the end offset and its duration? Let's say I'd like to play 0:40~0:50 for 10 secs and then -0:30~-0:25 for 5 secs. How should I configure it? And what if I want to play only the second part?

When multiple tracks are playing in expanded album view, the track list keeps open and closed irregularly with hightlight playing track in the main panel option turned on.

Steven

• Administrator
Can you elaborate on how to use the end offset and its duration? Let's say I'd like to play 0:40~0:50 for 10 secs and then -0:30~-0:25 for 5 secs. How should I configure it? And what if I want to play only the second part?
in the screenshot example the track would start playing @position 10secs to position 40 secs then skip to the last 20 seconds. If you put 5 in the second duration, MB would play from @position -20 seconds from the end to -15 seconds from the end.
I will make a change so only the ending part can be configured by leaving the start parameters blank

When multiple tracks are playing in expanded album view, the track list keeps open and closed irregularly with hightlight playing track in the main panel option turned on.
is this related to this plugin?

redwing

If you put 5 in the second duration, MB would play from @position -20 seconds from the end to -15 seconds from the end.

That's what I expected, but it doesn't work that way. Whatever the second duration value is, it plays until the end of the track.

is this related to this plugin?

I noticed that while previewing tracks, but it's possible it's an issue with the main program.

Steven

• Administrator
i forgot to mention the link above is updated to address the ending duration and allow no start parameters

silvestreccf

redwing

When multiple tracks are playing in expanded album view, the track list keeps open and closed irregularly with highlight playing track in the main panel option turned on.

It turned out that has something to do with Additional Tagging Tools plugin.

aldredd

Just what I was looking for - and on the first page of plugins too - thank you

redwing

I think previewing with this plugin shouldn't update skip count as it's different from active skipping under normal playback.

Moshi_

• http://www.last.fm/user/Moshi_
Hmm.. I only get the start preview here. Not the end preview. I entered the same numbers as you, Steven, in the original post. I only get the first 30 second preview and then it goes to the next song. It should go to the last 20 seconds but it does not.

Steven

• Administrator
I think previewing with this plugin shouldn't update skip count as it's different from active skipping under normal playback.
its not straight-forward to do that - can you not reduce the skip count parameters in the Now Playing preferences

Hmm.. I only get the start preview here. Not the end preview. I entered the same numbers as you, Steven, in the original post. I only get the first 30 second preview and then it goes to the next song. It should go to the last 20 seconds but it does not.
that should be fixed now - redownload the plugin link from above

redwing

its not straight-forward to do that - can you not reduce the skip count parameters in the Now Playing preferences

I don't know how I should configure it to make it not affected by previewing while still doing its job. I'll take a look.

boroda

Good solution, but won't work if end of track is also previewed.

Steven

• Administrator
i've put in some automated handling - i will make the plugin and updated MB version available on the weekend

Steven

• Administrator
this version doesnt update the skip count - you need to redownload the plugin (same link) and also the latest v2.4
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_4/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip