Author Topic: Added Today Auto-Playlist not working  (Read 8145 times)

mozartjune

So I created an auto-playlist added today long time ago, and they haven't been working as of lately.

I simply have Date Added is in the last 24 hours as a field to determine if they were added today or not. I've changed it to last 1 day to see if that would change anything but I'm not seeing any tracks in the playlist.

I can see the music I've added today in my library and the date added field is correct. But the auto-playlist isn't showing it. The weird thing is if I have the Date Added is in the last 1 month, it would show all the tracks but the tracks I've added today. Not quite sure what the issue is as they've been working fine before for a long time.

I'm using 2.4.5255 and using the sync process patch. Any suggestions on how I might go on about fixing this?
Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 06:11:23 AM by mozartjune

Steven

• Administrator
trying now i have no problems. Perhaps you could show a screenshot of your auto-playlist settings

Alumni

I have also experienced this bug, I thought it was just me.

mozartjune

Usually, the tracks would show up in the playlist after I've refreshed MusicBee by pressing F5 but it's not working now.
Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 05:15:19 AM by mozartjune

Steven

• Administrator
trying hours myself its working fine.
how about in the last 1 day?
I might need to give you a debug version so let me know you are happy to run that, and perhaps send me a zip of that .autopf file from the Playlists folder.
Also what country are you from and do you use non-standard date/time settings in windows
Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 07:16:51 AM by Steven

mozartjune

I might need to give you a debug version so let me know you are happy to run that, and perhaps send me a zip of that .autopf file from the Playlists folder.
Also what country are you from and do you use non-standard date/time settings in windows

Last 1 day does not work. And running a debug version sounds great but in my Playlists folder, I can only see 4 out of around 10 .autopf files and none of them are the "Added Today" playlist. Just to make sure, it's in Program Files/Musicbee/Library/Playlists correct?

Currently in (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

boroda

Currently in (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).
I think Steven asked if your regional settings (date/time format) are default.

Alumni

Hi Steven, please take a look at these screenshots:

1. You can see here the date added of one of the files, about an hour ago.
http://i.imgur.com/1gBLy7s.jpg

2. When the auto playlist is set to 6 hours for example, nothing is displayed.
http://i.imgur.com/TgwvaJR.jpg

3. The files only appear when a higher value, for example 12 hours is entered.
http://i.imgur.com/ICqibJC.jpg

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
i havent tested <12 hours so wouldnt be surprised if that doesnt work as that depends on the current time to work correctly which is different to the other criteria.
I dont know why "days" wouldnt work though

redwing

I have no problem at all with "days". Looks like it's only the OP's issue?

Steven

• Administrator
the hours issue should be resolved with the next v2.4 update. Basically any date comparisons were not accounting for local time hour adjustments but that likely still doesnt account for the original issue raised

edit:
actually if the issue for the OP is that MB is only not showing tracks added in the last 8 hours then this might fix that issue
Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 07:01:44 PM by Steven

Mr. Trev

I've had this prob too, since I switch to 2.4. I had recently added set to 7 days/1 week. The prob however is intermittent, so I haven't really been able to do much troubleshooting. Sometimes I just have to wait until the next day for the files to show in the playlist.