Author Topic: Favourite button and rating  (Read 7268 times)

LOL

I would also have some request. I use the right panel to play songs with all the controls; but there are missing things from the standard player controls such as: favourite button and rating. I have to go to the details view to be able rate or mark a song as favourite. This is not very  convenient.

Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 11:20:53 PM by LOL

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
As a workaround, you can show these in the Track Info panel, or in the Playing Tracks list.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

LOL

As a workaround, you can show these in the Track Info panel, or in the Playing Tracks list.

Yes, thanks. But I mostly use this view - with no possibility to mark a favourite song.

(Though, this view allows us to rate in the main panel, BTW; I think rating in the right panel can be useful, too.) If not, let's focus on the favourite button at least.
Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 12:19:56 AM by LOL

redwing

You mean love icon? You can configure it show up on the expanded panel of artwork view. Go to customize panel dialog and open "Configure expanded panel".

LOL

You mean love icon? You can configure it show up on the expanded panel of artwork view. Go to customize panel dialog and open "Configure expanded panel".

I can't find Configure expanded panel" in version 3.

Alumni

Go to "Customize Panel" from the drop down menu in the main panel header bar. In that popup window you'll see "Configure Expanded Panel".

LOL

Go to "Customize Panel" from the drop down menu in the main panel header bar. In that popup window you'll see "Configure Expanded Panel".

I found it. But it does not allow me to tick a song as favourite. It only shows, which tracks are favourite with little "L" under a song title.

Currently, I managed to stack track info in the right panel, which allows me to rate songs from the right panel. There is also a love icon in this panel.  Looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/FcRc2oO.png

However, I noticed that compact view has no love icon, either.

redwing

I found it. But it does not allow me to tick a song as favourite. It only shows, which tracks are favourite with little "L" under a song title.

Sounds like you have added love field to the displayed fields. No, remove the field from there, and just tick "show last.fm Love track button" option at the bottom.

redwing

However, I noticed that compact view has no love icon, either.

Any of compact player mode supports rating and love icon. Configure it on customize panel dialog (click on MusicBee menu button).

LOL

OK, I got it. 

Now Musicbee is the best audio manager in the world :)

Thank you.