Author Topic: Some suggestions and whishes  (Read 3765 times)

ild2

hi,

i have a few suggestions that gathered in my head. so i put them here... these are all refering to version 3804.

1. there is no quick way to access "equalizer and dsp settings" dialog when the player is in the sidebar as there is no button. could you put a button on there or add the dialog to the "view" menu?

2. the preferences window does not fit the typical netbook resolution of 1024x600, it is too high. makes mb really hard to use on a netbook - which is a shame as it works well otherwise.

3. please add an estimated time / elapsed time / x-realtime display to dialogs with lenghty operations (like replaygaining, transcoding etc.)

4. type to search: the previous search does not get cleared when i switch focus away from the search field and start typing something. it get's appended. i believe this was different in previous versions of MB, not sure if it's intentional behaviour. anyway, i would expect the search to get cleared.

5. artwork view

a) the new double click "view album" feature
could you add keyboard navigation here? "enter" to view an album and "backspace" to go back to the overall artwork view?

b) i think the "play" button is a little too small. i think it's too hard to hit. could you make it somewhat bigger? i don't think that would hurt the astetics too much as it's only shown on hover anyway.

thanks
frederic
Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 03:29:51 PM by ild2

Steven

• Administrator
1. there is no quick way to access "equalizer and dsp settings" dialog when the player is in the sidebar as there is no button. could you put a button on there or add the dialog to the "view" menu?
you can assign a hotkey: View: Show Equaliser
and its already in Vew/ Player Controls Panel

4. type to search: the previous search does not get cleared when i switch focus away from the search field and start typing something. it get's appended. i believe this was different in previous versions of MB, not sure if it's intentional behaviour. anyway, i would expect the search to get cleared.
cant recall what i changed or what the behaviour was before but i'll look to adjust that

5. artwork view

a) the new double click "view album" feature
could you add keyboard navigation here? "enter" to view an album and "backspace" to go back to the overall artwork view?

b) i think the "play" button is a little too small. i think it's too hard to hit. could you make it somewhat bigger? i don't think that would hurt the astetics too much as it's only shown on hover anyway.
i'll put in next update

Steven

• Administrator
2. the preferences window does not fit the typical netbook resolution of 1024x600, it is too high. makes mb really hard to use on a netbook - which is a shame as it works well otherwise.
i've set the window to not exceed the screen height and its scrollable for the overflow. I'll need you to test this though:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jgjno2dxacm
Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 06:12:40 PM by Steven

ild2

It works, but when i switch the preferences page there is a slight "bumb" from the window getting resized visible. Also the bottom buttons should be visible at all times i think.

Nothing major though, it basically works fine.

ild2

Something else regarding the play-on-hover buttons: when you select multiple albums (strg + a or shift/ctrl) the play button always plays the first album selected, regardless of which album is hovered.

Steven

• Administrator
thanks intentional - it plays in the order you select the multiple albums

ild2

Yeah, i see. When you play an album that is not selected it plays that... makes sense.