Author Topic: Newbie Question -- How to burn CD  (Read 16597 times)

Deina

System: Windows Vista 32 bit

I just downloaded MB yesterday, so I'm sure it's simply a matter of Head Space & Timing, but:

I found the Disk Burner & it shows the correct drive, disc type, & etc (Audio CD, 700 MB, 2 second gap, level volume checked)

I drug the tracks to be burnt over & they are ready

At upper right: Total file size: 640.4 MB, 1 disc, 72.9 minutes

Click on "Burn"

IMMEDIATELY message comes up "Burn failed with following error: Access is denied"

With Rhapsody I can burn the same files to the same drive & exact same disc with no problems.  :'(

What am I doing wrong?

Deina

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I have no idea why that would happen, but you might try using a playlist instead.  Put your files in a playlist, then right click and select "burn playlist to disc" and see what happens.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Deina

Does MB use a temp storage site when burning?  Where?

If it's in a sub under the "C:/Program Files/" that would explain the access error.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Does MB use a temp storage site when burning?  Where?

If it's in a sub under the "C:/Program Files/" that would explain the access error.

If that were the case, everybody would be having this problem.  The only way I can think something like that might happen is if you installed the portable version to Program Files, which would have to be done intentionally.

Edit: Actually, I'm thinking of the Ripped Files folder, anyway.  I'm not sure how MB handles burning.
Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 04:08:36 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

coffeecup

Hi, Im having the same problem with burning to disc with the access denied, I use musicbee for most of my burning to disc and this as only started recently.
 I have a new pc so thought it might be that but my laptop that as the same version on it is doing the same, im using  version 2.4.5255 on win7 64 bit.

Deina

Thank you, CC!

I went back & checked versions, and I was having trouble with Version 2.4.5227.

I uninstalled that version & installed 2.3.5188 and it's burning fine, so it looks like something changed when it went to 2.4.

coffeecup

Thanks Deina,
That did the trick, works fine in version 2.3 I am a bit lost as to why this happens in 2.4 maybe someone else with a better understanding of the access denied error might know.
I like to keep up with the latest Musicbee version so I will use something else for burning to disc.

Steven

• Administrator
i will check this out on the weekend. It seems very strange as nothing has been touched with burning for a very long time but i guess it could be a side-effect of something else changed.

Steven

• Administrator

coffeecup

Thanks Steven,
That seems to have done the trick, well impressed with your responce to peoples problems with Musicbee when they get stuck.
Thanks again coffeecup