Author Topic: Some Questions (Cover beside Album, Color changing etc.)  (Read 5947 times)

core912

Pingaware

1: How can I dock the Mini Player in the taskbar? When I go on window settings, there is an option for taskbar, but when I click in the taskbar the player goes away.

Not sure, but there seem to be some bugs in the docking feature which I've just discovered and have reported to Steven. Wait till he replies is my guess.

2: How can I display the Cover beside the Albums like in WMP? The pictures are saved as folder.jpg.

First, click on the button to the left of the search bar, then select Album and Tracks from the drop down menu. Your artwork should then hopefully appear in a similar (but significantly more customisable) panel to WMP. If it doesn't, you may have to change the artwork retrieval settings. Press Ctrl+O, then go to Tags (1). Under the Artwork Storage heading, click Set Retrieval Filter... and move Folder.* to the top.

3: Can I change colours? I want to change that grey in the player and when I click on a title it's yellow. How can I change that?

Not quite understanding you here, but I think you want to change the skin. Click on the MusicBee menu in the top left corner, go to View then Skins and select your skin from there. As a preview, you can view them all on the wiki here.

And if you need more help, feel free to ask here again (someone will usually be able to tell you) but consider looking on the wiki first. It's a great guide to lots of features.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Another Question: When i'm listening to Songs in the Library it doesn't scroll automatically down to the currently Track which is playing. Is there a setting for this.
This question was recently answered here: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=12929.0

2. sounds like your settings aren't being saved for some reason.  can you restart MB and have it stay the same, without restarting the computer?

MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Pingaware

3: I mean the colour above and below. It's grey/black. I wanna only change this and keep the white in the Library Backround if possible. Not  absolutely necessary.

This will require you to change the skin. On the link in my previous post, look at all the previews and choose a suitable skin. I'd suggest Asylum White, Calcium or Polar Bear Dreams after a quick flick through based on what you want to achieve. Or PureLight BeeMetro which doesn't seem to be on the wiki yet.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

redwing

Maybe MB is already running for some reason. If only its process is running, then kill it with Windows Task Manager.

Steven

• Administrator
the only reason i can think of for musicbee itself is if you have a network share configured in musicbee.
Otherwise perhaps you have a plugin enabled eg. the andrioid remote
I guess you could also PM a link of your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

edit:
you would need to disable the auto-search functions for lyrics and artwork in the Tags(2) preferences
Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 06:54:53 PM by Steven

redwing

Looks like you're having a recurring problem accessing special folders. I'd recommend download a portable version and install it in a non-special folder to be free from such issue.