Author Topic: Duplicated on Device Synch  (Read 2805 times)

WPJoe

Ive been reading the Duplicates threads (which is making me even more confused).

I used MusicBee to synch to the SD card of an android device.  I just drag a song or playlist to the "Storage" icon under my device (when its been USB connected) and everything synchs nicely.

Only problem is I am getting duplicates.  If I drag a playlist I have created it synchs all the songs on that playlist, even though often they are already on the device.

How can I best manage this?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm not sure why that method is creating duplicates, but it may help to switch to using the auto-sync settings to put playlists on the phone.

I suggest reading through this thread, where I explained some of the process in detail: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=12871.msg77754#msg77754
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

WPJoe

Thanks.

I dont like to auto synch as I am not always ready to have things synching each time I connect.

I wonder if the duplicates have to do with how I drag things onto my device in MB?

I am using an SD Card so I dont drag right onto my S4.  UNderneath it in the tree there is something called "Storage" and under there is something called "Music" and "Playlists" which is where I have been doing it.  But each time I drag a playlist, I get duplicates as it loads all the songs on that list, even if they were already on the phone...

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I dont like to auto synch as I am not always ready to have things synching each time I connect.

you don't actually have to auto sync.  anytime you use the synchronize command it uses the settings from auto sync.  just don't check the auto sync box.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

WPJoe

I think I have figured out what I am doing wrong.  Nothing terribly insightful but hopefully helpful if anyone else is making the same mistake I am making:

You need to drag the music or playlist to the Music label under the device.  And then set the device to synch to the SD Card.

I was dragging directly onto the Sd Card called "Storage' under my device, and if you do that it doesnt manage the duplicates issue.

But if you drag onto the Music label, it manages things properly.