Author Topic: shuffle/random keeps replaying same song (even within album)  (Read 3686 times)

fohrums

I'm on a mission to delete songs i'm done with.

Problem is it's hard to do this if MusicBee keeps playing the same songs even within the album.

ma_t14

If you right-click on the shuffle icon there are shuffle settings you can adjust

fohrums

Thank You.

These are these settings I went with and made a HUGE versatile difference as 'random' just keeps choosing the same tracks, so this solved it.

ma_t14

So if you choose the options "shuffle randomly" and "shuffle tracks individually" you are getting not so random patterns? I am not using the shuffle option personally but I believe this should not be happening.

fohrums

choosing the options "shuffle randomly" and "shuffle tracks individually" you are getting not so random patterns? I am not using the shuffle option personally but I believe this should not be happening.

Most definitely. Most notably within albums where the same song keeps getting played. I even forgot how many 'Single-releases' I have because of this. I keep getting the idea that the database just needs to be flushed?

ma_t14

Most definitely. Most notably within albums where the same song keeps getting played. I even forgot how many 'Single-releases' I have because of this. I keep getting the idea that the database just needs to be flushed?

What exactly do you mean by that?

fohrums

.... Most notably within albums where the same song keeps getting played....

What exactly do you mean by that?

Sure the play will shuffle between artist, title, & album. When it does randomly select between albums for different artist it will mostly select the same song when it re-visits back to that album (when shuffling).

An example is I have an album and track01 for that album keeps getting replays but the rest of the other tracks within the album are simply not being played at all.