Author Topic: Library Explorer Changes  (Read 2735 times)

Steven

• Administrator
I have made the following changes to the Library Explorer for the next v2.4 update:
- remove the "Show Similar Artists" option (people getting confused by this option)
- add a new "Node Select Behavior" option where you can configure the behavior when a node is selected in the library explorer:
   - when the main panel is showing the music library, the main panel is always filtered (as now)
    - for other nodes (such as playlists, Inbox etc), you can choose the current behavior where MB switchs to the Music Library and then filters the matching library tracks;
    - or do nothing - this allows you to drag/drop the node into the main panel and/or right click and choose a command without losing the context in the main panel
- the new default is to do nothing which differs from the current behavior

Please feel free to comment if you think it needs refinement or disagree

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
So you're saying Library Explorer will now show the contents of whatever node or playlist you're in?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
no, it will always show the contents of the library as now
the new default behavior will allow people to show playlists (for example) in the main panel and add songs from the library explorer directly using drag/drop

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Oh, I see.  That's a cool idea!
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

Just a suggestion. The new command looks a little confusing. It gives only one choice, but displays five lines. Maybe it could instead have only one tickable menu command "Do not filter non-library node" without the five-line sub-menu.
Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 12:42:52 PM by redwing

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I agree with redwing.  The phrasing could be clearer, too, maybe "show selected filter in main panel" / "do not show selected filter in main panel" or something more like that.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
having the 5 entries was done because i felt having just one option didnt communicate the differences in behavior between the library node and other nodes. I will revisit the wording though