Author Topic: Where did Volume Controls Go?  (Read 3526 times)

BobDD

newly migrated from using winamp for 20 yrs.  I customized to show only the track detail page window - I'm showing just number, artist, title, and playtime.  Along the bottom border is prev, play/pause, next, stop and the currently playing title.  Where is the volume controls?  Is there a way to make it display along the bottom bar.  I cannot find it in the preferences or help pages.  Have I somehow deleted the volume controls?
Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 06:02:49 AM by BobDD

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Welcome to the forum!

We may need a screenshot to be able to help you with this.  Your description is not clear to me.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

BobDD

great! wouldn't have guessed we could add screenshots

but then, I've not been able to figure out how to do that either; cannot find how to do that in the help pages here under image, picture, screenshot, or jpg. *** strike that; just found the instructions; will see what I can ***

Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 06:08:13 AM by BobDD

BobDD

so maybe MusicBee is more complicated than I need, but I just want this info along with the basic controls but with volume too and be able to create, save, and play playlists.  Not interested in extra doodads and graphics.  Can MusicBee do that?
Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 06:25:38 AM by BobDD

BobDD

so now the volume controls and a bit else show along the bottom as hoped - its just that there is no volume now - but I'm on my way to figuring musicbee out, and if I can get the sound up and this configuration will hold, then I've just become a new user and hope this one lasts me at least 20 years too.  Thanks for replying.   8)

redwing

there is no volume now

Go to Edit> Preferences> Player and try another sound device to see if that fixes it.

Steven

• Administrator
also what version are you using? - that layout looks a bit strange to me

BobDD

working now

I just restarted to get the other controls showing, then had to turn the volume up past 80 before it could be heard, which seems strange to me but at least it works.  I think I'll investigate some other players if they come simpler and more like winamp.  But at least this is working now - thanks for the help folks.