Author Topic: Help with Chipamp plugin  (Read 2302 times)

mordecai71

Hello all, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me.  I'm trying to install an old Winamp plugin called Chipamp to Musicbee, but have been so far unsuccessful.  Here's what I've tried so far:

I copied the Plugin folder of Winamp over to the Musicbee folder.  If I do this, Musicbee will throw an error in gibberish, then CTD.  A .dll is listed in this gibberish, which I found in the root directory of Winamp, so I copied it over.  No luck, Musicbee still crashes at startup.  I tried copying everything over from the Chipamp installation, but it still crashes.  Is there something I'm missing?  I have the latest version of Musicbee.

Steven

• Administrator
if thats the same thing as chiptune files then there is a new BASS plugin that can handle those files:
as0, asc, ay, chi, cop, dmm, dst, ftc, gtr, m, psc, psg, psm, pt1, pt2, pt3, sid, sqd, sqt, st1, s, st3, stc, stp, str, tf0, tfc, tfd, tfe, ts, txt, vtx, ym.

If so, could you PM me a link to one the files so i can test it?

Otherwise for winamp plugins, most work but not all - it depends on how the plugin is implemented

mordecai71

Hey, thanks for the heads-up!  I usually get access to my chiptune files from OCRemix (http://ocremix.org/).  I'll look it up and give it a shot.