Author Topic: various artists  (Read 2093 times)

belfastguy

hi all

firstly id like to say that this is one of the best programs ive come across to catalogue a record collection...ive used others..but others dont play all the different formats around these days.now my problem,..ive read over the forums here and havent really found a solution as such...

ive over 1400 albums on my laptop...mostly solo artists..but over 500 are various artists albums.. compilations....now i have all solo albums in ..and they work a treat..ie..they are all nicely listed ..and have a pic of each album...lots of then as you would imagine lol....now my problem starts when i add a compilation album...now it displays one picture for every artist..when infact i just want one picture of that album displayed....really just want to know if its possible tpo do what ive said...or ,am i missing something...all im interested in displaying...is artist and album art.....if anyone can put me in the right direction id be grateful.....

alan

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Welcome to the forum!

The problem is probably with your sorting and grouping settings, but it's hard to say without seeing what you're seeing.  Could you post a screenshot?

Edit: Do you have Album Artist defined for the Various Artists albums?  If so, you can probably just use Album Artist instead of Artist in your sorting & grouping.  If not, you'll either need to add it or flag the albums as compilations (last page of the tag editor).
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

belfastguy

hi
thanks for the very quick reply there......

yes i have to agree..its the way ive set up the grouping.....ie..i have none lol....ive played around with different settings and havent found one that i like as yet....will try to fiddle around with it more and see what i can do....have not looked at the tag editor yet...so maybe thats something i need to do..
will look at that now and if ive more problems ..etc will post here again...but many thanks for the reply..seems this forum is alive and alot better than some ive come across.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yeah, be sure to look at Sorting & Grouping in Preferences, too.  They're pretty well documented on the wiki.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)